LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

I was pleasantly surprised to have s/thing to contribute.

Picky of my Hase A-4E/F (S2) on the way.

Currently the scanner's down, re-install gremlins, so I can't provide the markings and colour call-out.

FYI - Israeli AF # 209; Blue Angels #2; VC-1, Barbers Point, Hawaii (0044 or 1112)

Regards

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin,

This is for either your clarification or confusion. In the database, the Monogram (Phantom Mustang) F-51D which is listed as #PA67-498 is actually, as far as I can see, kit #85-0067. I don't see the afore mentioned number anywhere on the box or instruction pamphlet.

Also, the Monogram (Phantom Mustang)#0067 is listed as a P-51D. The 'type' is not mentioned on the box, however in the instruction pamphlet it is referred to as an F-51D.

HTH

Fred

Wessex HAS.3 referred to as scale 32 is unfortunately 1/48, i've this kit number 4468.

Thanks, Fred. If someone can confirm this, or if nobody disagrees within the next several days, I'll delete the kit from our database. Its current entry can be found here.

I'd be especially interested to learn LSP_Kevin's thoughts regarding inclusion of this kit. :ninja:

Charles Metz

I'd be especially interested to learn LSP_Kevin's thoughts regarding inclusion of this kit. :ninja:

Well, I can only imagine that we inherited it from Bruce's original list, which was drawn from a variety of sources (PAK-20, eBay, Google, etc). The revision notes suggest that I edited the record in Feb 2010, but that would've just been some housekeeping I'd imagine. A quick Google search confirms that the kit is indeed 1/48, so delete away Charles!

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

It's now an ex- listing. :evil_laugh: Thanks again, Fred.

Charles Metz

Hi Charles,

I just revisited the kit database and that listing is still there. I would suspect all 5 of those PA-- listings.

I have 2 of the Monogram Phantom kits, 1 is #85-0067 the other is #0067. I'll assume because the first was introduced in 1985 and the second is a rebox of the first, 10 years later.

Fred

Edited by Dog&Butterfly

I just revisited the kit database and that listing is still there. I would suspect all 5 of those PA-- listings.

I have 2 of the Monogram Phantom kits, 1 is #85-0067 the other is #0067. I'll assume because the first was introduced in 1985 and the second is a rebox of the first, 10 years later.

Fred,

Sorry for the confusion. Although I incorrectly mentioned your name above, I was in fact addressing "onosendai," who called my attention to our database's incorrect inclusion of the Wessex HAS.3 kit -- which I did in fact delete, as you can see by clicking my link in message #110 above.

On the other hand, I'm glad that you got my attention today, because I had failed to make the P-51D => F-51D change you implicitly requested in message #108. I've now done that for all of the Monogram Mustang kits identified in our database as Phantom Mustangs or with box art that shows Korean War markings.

Charles Metz

• 2 weeks later...