FW-190D-9

jeroenpeters

Nice cutting Jeroen!

Now for one question to the moderators: Why is it that I can still only post 100KB of images in one go?? Hope to hear...

That's just the global per-post limit, and applies to everyone except staff members. You can get around it by hosting your images elsewhere (Photobucket for example), and linking to them here. I'll toss the idea of increasing it into the staff pit.

Kev

Hey Jeroen, it is looking good so far. You might want to set up a photobucket account. You will then be able to post bigger files. It is really easy and free.

Thanks! I'll set up an account right away. 100kB is OK but only for 1/72 and 1/48 :party0023:

Started with 'heads or tails' this morning and it turned out to be tails.

Made the hole for the access panel and thinned the tailparts.

I used parts of the Verlinden update set and the Black Dog update set.

One frame structure part of the Black Dog set came broken in the box, so I'm scratching it now.

Almost done with the tailwheel suspension.

Made the retraction cable from fine white rod and the spring from winded copper wire.

The Black Dog access door is pretty fragile, but has better detail than the PE Verlinden door.

Strengthening the Black Dog door now by glueing it to very thin plastic card.

I'll see which one I'ill use.

Jeroen.

post-6688-1257079880.jpg

post-6688-1257079894.jpg

Hi JR,

Thanks for the heads up! Only thing is I just read it. Right after I cut some more holes in the fuselage. Before drilling these holes I checked my references and they appear to be in the right place.

Or are you talking about the D-13? Yesterday I borrowed the Eagle files book on the D-13 from fellow LSP Cees Broere, which should help me with that build.

Yesterday I ordered the Montex Super masks for this D-9 and I recieved the excellent MDC wheels.

Slow progress, but progress nontheless!

Now for one question to the moderators: Why is it that I can still only post 100KB of images in one go?? Hope to hear...

Jeroen.

Yes,I was talking about the D-13,sorry. It must have been one of my every increasing senior moments,good job so far man!

JR

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted some progress, but I did manage to do some work, despite lots of office stress and social obligations.

At the moment I'm working on the inside of the fuselage and the cockpit.

In the meantime the new Aires wheelbays arrived and they look amazing...

The Radu paper seatbelts took me the spare time of two days :goodjob: but the result is very satisfying.

These will inspire me to take this build up a notch!

Thanks for watching.

post-6688-1258571752.jpg

JP...have a look at your rudder pedals...I like the detail you've added so far.This one is on my to-do list as well with the Aires engine set...cheers

:doh:

Hi Dave,

I know! Well.... Big Matt actually pointed that out to me as well. Pretty dumb mistake,

but thanks to you guys an easy fix, since the fuselage isn't joined yet!

Thanks!!

Now I know I should have bought the full Aires update set, and not settle with the Verlinden set,

but... since you guys now watch my aftermarket addiction closely... I'm trying to make the best of it,

from all the drawings that I managed to find. The raised floor isn't correct, but I camouflaged it slightly by resplicating

the bottom large acces hatch from greencard. The rudder cables are stretched sprue and I'll make the fuel lines (attached to the fuel filler hatches) from lead wire.

The waist seatbelts are beautiful and in place.

At the moment I'm in the middle of painting the smaller details in the cockpit and I started painting the fuel tank.

And last but not least..... I didn't turn the rudder pedals around, but instead kept them upside down and turned the whole cockpit around ;)

post-6688-1258909193.jpg