FW-190D-9

jeroenpeters

Since I've almost finished the PCM Spitfire, I've allowed myself to dive in the next project.

I've accumulated lots of aftermarket stuff for one of my Hasegawa 190D-9's and will open up every hatch.

In the heap of aftermarket sets you'll recognize:

- Model Master turned brass barrels (MG131)

- Verlinden upgrade set

- Aires engine set

- Hobby decal dry transfers

- Eduard colored cockpit set (Zoom)

- Quickboost Revi sight

- Blackdog tailwheel

- Blackdog control surfaces

- Eduard masks

- Eduard placards

- Moskit exhausts!

Well.. Wish me luck!

post-6688-1256460000.jpg

Guest canuck63

Hoi Jeroen,

since you haven't stsarted your Dora yet (I'm currently amassing AM sets for mine!),let me suggest you to take a look at MDC's and Eagle Parts' listings...you'll find more parts,but you probably knew that already!G-Factor brass UC legs and Extratech's PE external details would be useful too!

Jerry Crandall makes a stunning cockpit,but fitting is a PITA,albeit worth every minute spent on it!

Looking forward to see how the engine turns out because I'm planning o fitting one myself!

Groeten

Manny

Hoi Jeroen,

since you haven't stsarted your Dora yet (I'm currently amassing AM sets for mine!),let me suggest you to take a look at MDC's and Eagle Parts' listings...you'll find more parts,but you probably knew that already!G-Factor brass UC legs and Extratech's PE external details would be useful too!

Jerry Crandall makes a stunning cockpit,but fitting is a PITA,albeit worth every minute spent on it!

Looking forward to see how the engine turns out because I'm planning o fitting one myself!

Groeten

Manny

Hi Manny,

Thank you for the tip. Offcourse I know of it's excistence, but I just ordered some wheels from the MDC site.

I have much more aftermarket stuff for the 190 but I'm saving it for my FW190D-13 for which I have the Resin conversion! :bow:

Guest canuck63
Hi Manny,

Thank you for the tip. Offcourse I know of it's excistence, but I just ordered some wheels from the MDC site.

I have much more aftermarket stuff for the 190 but I'm saving it for my FW190D-13 for which I have the Resin conversion! :lol:

Hi Jeroen,

sound like we're on the same wave-.lenght with this one....I'm also saving bits for the.....D11 ;) !

What conversion do you plan on using?I'm very interested about that....or do you want to keep it a secret? ;)

Cheers

Manny

Hi Jeroen,

sound like we're on the same wave-.lenght with this one....I'm also saving bits for the.....D11 :) !

What conversion do you plan on using?I'm very interested about that....or do you want to keep it a secret? :P

Cheers

Manny

No secrets here! :(

I'm using the 'Renaissance models' conversion to build the ultra rare Yellow 10.

It includes the cowling, wheels, prop, etc.. Looks good.

Also have the decals already.

But that's a long term project....

Jeroen

Hi Jereon

Interesting! and please let me take a chair in this room... :thumbsup:

May I suggest you to not forget one additionnal after market which looks "essential" from my eyes:

=> http://www.eagle-editions.com/ep41.htm

Cheers

raphael

:wicked: I won't be needing these parts as they will not appear on my model.

I might place them on the display base, but I will show them upside down and from resin (Aires set includes them).

What I might need is the Aires wheelbay set though...

We'll see.

Thanks for the heads up though!!

Also still deciding on a scheme. A lot has been done before.

Jeroen.

:thumbsup: I won't be needing these parts as they will not appear on my model.

I might place them on the display base, but I will show them upside down and from resin (Aires set includes them).

What I might need is the Aires wheelbay set though...

We'll see.

Thanks for the heads up though!!

Also still deciding on a scheme. A lot has been done before.

Jeroen.

It's a nice project that you have lined up there. Make sure that you re-locate the fuel filler access panels on the port and starboard sides and also the D-13 and D-11 used a different model Jumo than the D-9 so the oil tanks,breather tanks and engine support arms were different. Not hard changes but they are changes! Check out my thread about the upgrades for the PCM Ta152 and you can see the support arms,

Not trying to be nit-picky,just trying to help,after you went to all this trouble and expense

JR

It's a nice project that you have lined up there. Make sure that you re-locate the fuel filler access panels on the port and starboard sides and also the D-13 and D-11 used a different model Jumo than the D-9 so the oil tanks,breather tanks and engine support arms were different. Not hard changes but they are changes! Check out my thread about the upgrades for the PCM Ta152 and you can see the support arms,

Not trying to be nit-picky,just trying to help,after you went to all this trouble and expense

JR

Hi JR,

Thanks for the heads up! Only thing is I just read it. Right after I cut some more holes in the fuselage. Before drilling these holes I checked my references and they appear to be in the right place.

Or are you talking about the D-13? Yesterday I borrowed the Eagle files book on the D-13 from fellow LSP Cees Broere, which should help me with that build.

Yesterday I ordered the Montex Super masks for this D-9 and I recieved the excellent MDC wheels.

Slow progress, but progress nontheless!

Now for one question to the moderators: Why is it that I can still only post 100KB of images in one go?? Hope to hear...

Jeroen.

post-6688-1257025057.jpg