A quartet of jets.....

geedubelyer

A fantastic quartet.

I would be very interested to see you posting your builds here, as would most everyone else. It looks like you have techniques in your armoury that we'd love you to share with us.

The (relatively) few modern jet builds we do get are usually well 'attended' - a sign that we probably could do with more.

Matt

Hello everyone, apologies for my late reply but I've been knee deep in home DIY decorating (yummy!) :please:

I'm overwhelmed by the enthusiastic and positive comments and can't thank you all enough. Your kind and generous words are very much appreciated and I'm thrilled that these four went over so well :clap2:

Besides, if modellers such as yourself continue to refrain from posting their pointy blow-torches, the perceived prop bias will never be addressed! In other words, it's only if you post that we can fix it.

Go on, I dares ya!

Kev

You make a fair point Kev. Kind of a "catch 22" situation. I'll see if I can't start a build thread over here and share some of the progress on my latest project.

Fairford background??
Hi Jack, yep.....a poster made from a photo that my Dad took on his way back from Suffolk

reminds me of my days waving aircraft into Finningley the friday before the airshow!
Hi Nick, ah Finningley....always a cracking show from what I remember

one question...did you photoshop any of these?
Hi Bret, nope....no photoshopping on these. The photos were all snapped outdoors in sunshine with the model placed on some 3mm plywood and the poster propped up behind. Here is a typical set up that I use.

tn_Photosketch.jpg

Thanks again fellas, see you over in "Works in Progress" then. :bow:

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your encouragement and kind words.

I wanna see your ways of works.
Hi Bret, you're too kind, thank you. I'm posting some progress on my current build over in the works. I hope you enjoy it.

Thx nice to how you get this wonderfull effect looks so muche better then my garden fence.

johan

:DodgeBall: much better than my kitchen counter also!..............Harv :P
Hey Johan, Harv, good to see you, thanks.

Yep, mine too :) I managed to set up a baseboard and take a couple of pics of two 1/48th scale Eagles against the sky but for these bigger birds, something better was required. I have to admit that these pics are my favourites of the bunch and I chose them because I felt they were the most convincing... :)

It never gets old looking at your marvellous builds.

Terry (loftycomfort)

Hi Terry, good to see you here. Thanks for your generous words, much appreciated.

Say, have you posted some of your stuff over here yet? I know that your work will be a big hit here on LSP. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

:lol:

I love your work! Was almost fooled myself by the fantastic background.

To further dispel the myth that this is a "Prop Site", please extend an invite to any and all of your burner-buildin' buddies to join the site and share their work! The more the merrier.

GeeDub, I've been reading this thread with much enjoyment for seeing you post here, but reticent to respond because all I have to say is just a rehash of admiration for your multitude of talents previously expressed on ARC as well as by a new crop of fans here on LSP. However, I can't not says something, so: Welcome to the board & "let 'er rip!"

these are awesome, truly great builds......Fairford background??

The background is a picture of the 'last chance' apron and entry from the shelters and hangarage to the main runway at RAF Lakenheath, U.K.

Spent many a happy hour looking at the F111's and their new brethren the F15's taking off from there!

Great models BTW! The F15's are particularly convincing - well done. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...