Sikorsky H34G chocktaw,......

Jack

but what would you reckon to be the chance Trump (or any other for that matter) would eventually produce the helicopter of all helicopters ( AFIAK), this great Sikorsky helo that was the workhorse of many a military force all over the world.....in our great scale......(32 or 35)?????

Oh, if only it were true :lol:

Jack ;)

post-16-1253740418.jpg

I recently managed to get the Combat models 1/32 vac-form kit from Roberts Models and am converting it into a Wessex HU.5.

The kit is not listed, but it appears that Jeff Roberts has the masters, contact him on www.TaliesenR@AOL.com.

I'll post the finished model on here soon.

Regards, Glenn.

Have one of these vacform birdies, too, and intend to build it as an early 60s german navy bird. Just wait for the neccessary inspiration...

...would love to sea a Sea King, a CH-53 or a Lynx in plastic :blink:

I agree Jack (mind you, I like all helicopters :blink:).

Cheers

Derek

Hi Derek, actually helos are my favorite aircraft too, but for some strange reason i didn't build so many as compared to fixed wing kits, but years ago i visited Weston super Mare and i thought i was in helicopter heaven, but that aside i must also agree with KOTR on the biggies he mentioned like Seaking and CH53.

My latest "catch" btw, was a 1/35 Lynx by Accurate armour, resin only and quite a challenge.....

J :(

Hi Derek, actually helos are my favorite aircraft too, but for some strange reason i didn't build so many as compared to fixed wing kits, but years ago i visited Weston super Mare and i thought i was in helicopter heaven, but that aside i must also agree with KOTR on the biggies he mentioned like Seaking and CH53.

My latest "catch" btw, was a 1/35 Lynx by Accurate armour, resin only and quite a challenge.....

J ;)

I agree with both you and KOTR as well - I would love CH-53, Sea King and Merlin in 1/32 scale. I know that there is a 1/35 Chinook, but I would still love to make a 1/32 one (I was very kindly sent an ID vacform one, but it is so inaccurate, the only part that may be of use would be a very small portion of the upper fuselage - so it looks like a scratch build job for me! :angry: :)). The Mil-6 and 26 would look simply awsome in 1/32 :) I have an uncompleted 1/48 (Scratch built) Bristol Sycamore to complete one day. I hear that the Accurate Armour 1/35 Lynx is a very nice kit indeed.

Cheers

Derek

Well, I know about the AA Lynx, but for some strange reaons, I prefer the blueish-grey naval schemes over the green/olive/brown army schemes. And the AA kit is way out of my salary :)

Oh, and how about a CH-21 Bananana? :)

Well, I know about the AA Lynx, but for some strange reaons, I prefer the blueish-grey naval schemes over the green/olive/brown army schemes. And the AA kit is way out of my salary :rolleyes:

Oh, and how about a CH-21 Bananana? ;)

Hi Michael, indeed the price is hefty, and it is an army model, though i would also prefer the naval version, but this is the only helo kit i have in resin, and i would like to try it out someday......yeah right.

BTW, the CH21 would indeed be awesome in large scale, but ah....so would be the Skycrane, and so on, and so forth...... :P

Hello Jack,

You will be surprised to know that possibly ten years ago, I saw a test shot of a 1/35 plastic S-58... This short run model was far from perfect but could be used as a good basis. Unfortunately, for reasons I don't know, it was never released by Ironside, a French company that is used to release AFV models. They intended to release at least a US version in Vietnam and a French "Pirate" gunship used in Algeria.

Too bad... :(

I agree with both you and KOTR as well - I would love CH-53, Sea King and Merlin in 1/32 scale. I know that there is a 1/35 Chinook, but I would still love to make a 1/32 one (I was very kindly sent an ID vacform one, but it is so inaccurate, the only part that may be of use would be a very small portion of the upper fuselage - so it looks like a scratch build job for me! :angry: :(). The Mil-6 and 26 would look simply awsome in 1/32 <_< I have an uncompleted 1/48 (Scratch built) Bristol Sycamore to complete one day. I hear that the Accurate Armour 1/35 Lynx is a very nice kit indeed.

Cheers

Derek

HI Derek

I know that Doug never did any Helecopters what you probably have is the awfull Combat heap. I had one and sold it pretty quickly.

There is a couple of items out there like the 1/32 Blue thunder which is basically a Gazelle. I know it would take a load of work but the basics are there. Also I have just come across a 1/32 scale Sea King and I am trying to find out more but I think it is a toy , perhaps that could be the basis for a resonable one?

Cheers for now

John

HI Derek

I know that Doug never did any Helecopters what you probably have is the awfull Combat heap. I had one and sold it pretty quickly.

There is a couple of items out there like the 1/32 Blue thunder which is basically a Gazelle. I know it would take a load of work but the basics are there. Also I have just come across a 1/32 scale Sea King and I am trying to find out more but I think it is a toy , perhaps that could be the basis for a resonable one?

Cheers for now

John

Sounds intriguing John :( I think you are right with the Combat Chinook - thanks for educating me. I forgot about the blue thunder kit - this one may be worth checking out (I like the old Gazelle), and you could be right, it may well form the basis of a kit (re-engineering it back into a Gazelle would be fun <_<). If you find a picture of the Sea King, let us know your opinion of it?

Cheers

Derek