Lockheed SR-71

Happy Holidays All !!!! :speak_cool: Mucho thanks for all the kind words dudes, much appreciated. This build is far from a dead project. I've been pecking on it in the background whilst finishing up my GB builds. More updates soon as I just started a 21 day vacation! Whoohoo! This is planned to be my first completed model of the new year so stay tuned, eh?! :clap2: Later, Russ

Here is some inspiration for ya ! Merry Flippin' Ho Ho !

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4464984

• 2 weeks later...

Whoooeeee, thought this thread woulda been 3 pages back by now! ^_^ Getting ready to start my last full week of vacation, and I'm pumped up to getting back to whittling on this tadpole once again!! :speak_cool: P-51 I'm working on right now is cool, but it's about 1600 mph slower, and well.....just doesn't have the panache or mystique of this bird. Now that I've walked away from it for awhile I can look at it again with a fresh outlook. Time to re-start this project and get on the stick.

Yeah, wish I had the talent and where-withal to make a kit of this 'richter 111' and I even crunched some numbers on doing it. It would cost a fortune and weigh a ton in resin. I have no intention of keeping this when finished, and I ALWAYS give my builds away. I'm just into building em. Sure does look cool every time I walk by it, man....those lines just smile at ya like a pretty girl!

Anyway, I'm going to be leaning on this heavy starting Monday as I want to get it knocked out and start on an XB-70 or B-58 next. Ya'll are going to see some really weird scratch-builds coming outta Russville thru-out this new year. B) Thanks for keeping the interest alive guys, mucho appreciated. More updates in 2 days! Later, Russ

• 2 months later...

Gaaaaahhh, You busted me 'richter111'!!! This thread was placed all the way back at the bottom of page 3 in the hopes nobody would see it until I got thru casting all my wheels. :P Man, I sure wish I had one of those 1/48th kits, they had the killer decal sheet with all the markings. I'm probably going to miss a few as I could only acquire the 1/72nd Hasegawa kit (for $44!!! ;) ) just to use it for a reference for markings.

Don't know why i started on the F-16 before this one,.....I thought it'd be 'easier'. :wub: Woulda been easier to throw it in the trash! Updates on this project soon buddy, very soon.

Gaaaahhh! I had to walk away from the F-16 build for a night after applying a trowel full of putty on it,...and decided to warm up on this for a change. :) Already had my RTV moulds made up and the wheels cast earlier so I decided to clean those suckers up and put them on the axles to see what I got. Still have to put all the brake stuff on the outside of the mains, and the spindle and bolts that go around the rim on the nose wheels.....but it felt good to dust everything off and start whomping on this again.

Here's some sneak previews of the gear roughed out;

post-4413-1269348385.jpg

Hmmmm, I seem to have miss-placed my other set of after-burners that were in the closed position,....so I think I might hack up the open ones I have and detail out the inner burner petals to get them closed. Dunno though, as I like to bounce around on whatever interests me at the moment on this build. More pics as I get assemblies done. Later, Russ

post-4413-1269348812.jpg

Et tu Brutus? Et tu? :P Bwhahahaha, I fully deserved that one Derek! Hmmmm, wonder if that IS where it's at? :doh: :hmmm: Meh, probably find those burner cans in the fridge behind the applesauce, or hidden in the fireplace to keep them from unscrupulous eyes. I hear they're really hot on the black market these days?