Lockheed SR-71

Now Russ, you take the motto "Clear the bench !" very litterally ! :party0023:

Enjoy your break (and I do not mean you breaking poor unsuspecting VW engines) and come back to us with plenty of ideas...like a b-58 for instance.

HUbert. :beer:

i can really relate to the car thing, russ

i have been doing no real modeling lately either, i finished my baybus and drove it to the small island off the coast of croatia, where i bought some property and will build a house :party0023:

and i have learned to cut olive trees

its a hobby, and it should stay that way

sooner or later i will do some building again, i know

Must say i`m mighty jealous of you Russ can`t we swap places :) then i`ll go to mexico and you go to my job

take care and hear from you in a few weeks dude :BANGHEAD2:

David

Ya see, I've been trying to tell yall that Russ was a double-nought spy. He lives just like that Jimmy Bond fella, goes wherever the wind blows and where the hush hush branch of the government sends him. I can't wait til they make a movie about his life...I might even try out for the part. Have fun Russ, look out for those slinky women in long black dresses and break radio silence every once in a while just so we know they haven't caught up to you yet.

P.S. My own theory is that the area 51 team in dark suits with sunglasses probably knocked on his door one day and gently convinced him to stop work on the 1/32 scale Blackbird. His was becoming so accurate that it made them uncomfortable as some of the intel is still classified.

While I'm sad to hear about the SR-71s demise, I can only say, a man who goes to live on a boat has seen the light. I just sold off my townhouse, and will be flogging off all sorts of modeling stuff over the next year so I too can go live on a boat. I should be liveaboard status as of May 01 of next year. I'm not sure about racing a VW but a new motorcycle is also a good possibilty for me as well. My old Yammie is DOA unless I can find a new ignition module for it and shes an old one so it will be hard.

Enjoy yourself Russ, Send us a photo of the boat once you are aboard.

Sabre