Mirage Cockpit

Barry

Kudos to Paul and especially to the Master Creator, Harold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have to hunt down a Mirage just to justify the purchase.

Barry :huh:

kev, have a look at "manufacturers" and then to Paul Fisher, you'll notice he has the Mirage cockpit interior on display....

Thanks Jack. Suitable for an Aussie Mirage? I think the main difference was the seat, but I haven't done my research yet. And it possibly doesn't matter that much anyway, as it's bound to be a major improvement over the kit offering, accurate or not.

Kev

Howdy Gents..

My apologies for the long delay getting the Mirage III pit out, we have been insanely busy with the Cutlass, and alot of 1/24 race cars going out all over the place.Nice to be busy in this economy, but a man needs time for a few good gin and tonics and a cigar!

The Mirage set can be had with either the MB Mk 4 or Mk 6 seat, to suit numerous Mirage III variants, and yes indeed, Harold is The Man...he did a beautiful job on the masters and it should make alot of very old Revell kits look like great projects now.I know I will be building at least 3!!!!

I will be molding some extremely cool stuff for Harold in return for his work, so we can all look forward to some more neat stuff soon!

The big Cutlass is nearing completion, as well as the Hunter two seat conversions..after that the amazing Mystery Twin will be( finally) revealed.

Photo etch for the Mirage sets is on the way now, so we will begin shipping in a week or so.

many thanks to all of you!

Best,

Paul

Thanks Jack. Suitable for an Aussie Mirage? I think the main difference was the seat, but I haven't done my research yet. And it possibly doesn't matter that much anyway, as it's bound to be a major improvement over the kit offering, accurate or not.

Kev

Kev,

Depending on the time frame you could use either seats. I think the Aussie Mirage IIIE/O's were the first of the E submarks and came originally equipped with the MK 4 seat then were upgraded in the 70s to the Mk 6.

Kev,

Depending on the time frame you could use either seats. I think the Aussie Mirage IIIE/O's were the first of the E submarks and came originally equipped with the MK 4 seat then were upgraded in the 70s to the Mk 6.

Yeah, that's my understanding too Mark. I'll have to have a close look at my kit and see what it's supposed to represent. If you're an Aussie, you'll know that the local release of this kit features an extra decal sheet, with accompanying instructions, for some Aussie birds, but I haven't investigated what exactly they are yet.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...
Are the mirage cockpits being shipped yet? I ordered one a few weeks back but have not heard any news.

Jason

same here, ordered three of them, no joy yet........ :)

J.

• 3 weeks later...
Kudos to Paul and especially to the Master Creator, Harold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have to hunt down a Mirage just to justify the purchase.

Barry :P

DOUBLE DITTO FROM ME

I just got my set in the mail and what has been shown and what has been said does not do justice to this set.

The detail on the tub must be seen in person to be believed as well as the seats! You also get two different sets of instrument dials to go under the photo etch to facilitate the III E or the III O and possibly other models as well.

This is precisely what the old Revell kit has needed for a long time. Paul and Harold have really set the bar with this set.

I cut the casting blocks off the side walls for a quick dry fit into the kit's fuselage and it looks like they will fit with very minor adjustments once the kit's coming is removed).

Great set guys.

Mark B.

DOUBLE DITTO FROM ME

I just got my set in the mail and what has been shown and what has been said does not do justice to this set.

The detail on the tub must be seen in person to be believed as well as the seats! You also get two different sets of instrument dials to go under the photo etch to facilitate the III E or the III O and possibly other models as well.

This is precisely what the old Revell kit has needed for a long time. Paul and Harold have really set the bar with this set.

I cut the casting blocks off the side walls for a quick dry fit into the kit's fuselage and it looks like they will fit with very minor adjustments once the kit's coming is removed).

Great set guys.

Mark B.

Yep, the combing has to be cut out, also look at the alignment pin at the upper rear of the tub/fuselage. You might have to put a small notch for it to clear.