Mud movin' Jug

big matt

Hey Matt sorry i didn`t checked in any sooner but that JUG looks great

as soon as my F14 is ready i will finish my ar 234 and then it is time for my 1/24 JUG

your build will be a reference for me ;) :) :P

David

The dirty jug is done. Loaded for bear and heading north.

I decided my patience level was not up to creating 40 20 pound bomblets for the homemade cluster bombs from my reference picture. Anyway, here she is.

hike025.jpg

hike027.jpg

hike028.jpg

I had seen that these red caps were somewhat common for the gun tubes. Plus it kept me from having to drill out the ends. Crafty, or lazy. :)

hike023.jpg

hike033.jpg

The 500 pounders are nice but the cluster bombs would have been better.

hike034.jpg

I also read that they could not use the guns until the rockets had been fired or the casings and links would foul the ignition wires on the launchers.

hike040.jpg

The drop tank in the picture was filthy. Mine is messy too.

hike037.jpg

Overall a fun kit to build. Thanks for looking.

Matt

hike039.jpg

Hey Harv, look close, those wires are there. 7x tippet material is hard to see. :D You are right, I didn't get the sway braces adjusted properly on the bombs or the drop tank!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

looks good to me, especially the prop tips. are they painted or decals?

gharlane, the tips are painted. The ref pic had the Curtiss prop with the thin stripes at the tips so out came the little paintbrush.

What did you use for the NMF and the flat coat.

Brad

Brad, I used Vallejo Model Air aluminum with some of their black. I did not preshade. The wash was done with Promodellers dark wash and the lighter panels were picked out with straight Model Air aluminum. Then it got a coat of future for the decals. Then a coat of Testor's Dullcoat. Then that got rubbed out with some plastic polish to bring out a bit of satin shine rather than dead flat. I wanted it to look oxidized and a bit grubby. Some pastels and mig powders helped with that. That's it.

Perfect, thanks Matt!

Cheers

Brad

gharlane, the tips are painted. The ref pic had the Curtiss prop with the thin stripes at the tips so out came the little paintbrush.

Brad, I used Vallejo Model Air aluminum with some of their black. I did not preshade. The wash was done with Promodellers dark wash and the lighter panels were picked out with straight Model Air aluminum. Then it got a coat of future for the decals. Then a coat of Testor's Dullcoat. Then that got rubbed out with some plastic polish to bring out a bit of satin shine rather than dead flat. I wanted it to look oxidized and a bit grubby. Some pastels and mig powders helped with that. That's it.