1/32 trolley accumulator

R Palimaka

Guys,

Thanks for your input - I very much look forward to your drawings Dave (sorry for highjacking your thread Richard). I have been looking for photographs of RAF WW II accumulator trolleys, and apart from two preserved items in museums (one in Malta, and another in America), I am really struggling to find good quality photographs of it at all - especially period ones. If anyone out there can find any really good pictures of these trolleys, or knows anything about who actually manufactured them originally, then I would be very grateful if they could share that information with us. The better the quality of the information, the more detail can be added to the master pattern.

Many thanks

Derek

Guys,

Thanks for your input - I very much look forward to your drawings Dave (sorry for highjacking your thread Richard). I have been looking for photographs of RAF WW II accumulator trolleys, and apart from two preserved items in museums (one in Malta, and another in America), I am really struggling to find good quality photographs of it at all - especially period ones. If anyone out there can find any really good pictures of these trolleys, or knows anything about who actually manufactured them originally, then I would be very grateful if they could share that information with us. The better the quality of the information, the more detail can be added to the master pattern.

Many thanks

Derek

Thank you Derek...and please hijack away!! If this thread helps to make a trolley acc kit available then it's more than I would have hoped for.

Cheers,

Richard

Alan/Ray,

Thank for the pictures (and thanks to Richard for allowing me to 'muscle in :blink:).

Ray, these are the two preserved accumulator trolleys that I was referring to. Dave, yours is a new one to me. Although it is very similar in design, there are noticable differences (maybe this is a 'locally manufactured copy' of the original UK type?) - the light generator on top of it certainly does not look like a standard fit (notice the flat lid compared to the angled lid of the accumulators in Ray's pictures?). However, it is still a very useful photograph, so thank you for posting it.

I have already noticed that there appears to be two distinct wheel patterns - one is a pressed steel rim with holes in it (as in Ray's pictures), and the other appears to be a plainer flat steel pressing without holes in the rim (as in Dave's pictures). They both remind me of mid-1930's tractor front wheels? (maybe they are just that!). More info' welcomed.

Regards

Derek

Hello guys!

I've some news that will satisfy you: Signifer from France will release soon various versions of this trolley!

I considered scratchbuilding one two years ago but finally sent them my plans and pictures last year. When I asked them some weeks ago why the kit has not yet been released, they told me it has been postponed a little bit to get additional information on the different versions. Indeed, as you may see in the pictures, there were variations of multiple versions. I should receive a test shot somewhere before the end of the year or at the beginning of 2009. If you want to accelerate the process, do not hesitate to ask them when they'll release the sets...;-)

Considering the quality and price of their sets, I'm sure you're not going to be disappointed...!

HTH

Cheers.

Hello guys!

I've some news that will satisfy you: Signifer from France will release soon various versions of this trolley!

I considered scratchbuilding one two years ago but finally sent them my plans and pictures last year. When I asked them some weeks ago why the kit has not yet been released, they told me it has been postponed a little bit to get additional information on the different versions. Indeed, as you may see in the pictures, there were variations of multiple versions. I should receive a test shot somewhere before the end of the year or at the beginning of 2009. If you want to accelerate the process, do not hesitate to ask them when they'll release the sets...;-)

Considering the quality and price of their sets, I'm sure you're not going to be disappointed...!

HTH

Cheers.

Thierry,

Thank you for that information, I am sure that it shall delight all 1/32 modellers. I do not wish to replicate other peoples work, so it looks like I may have to hang fire on this project for the time being. Thank you all who have contributed pictures and information - it shall be stored away for future reference.

Cheers

Derek

Here's the drawing from "Classic Aircraft and How to Build Them #4":

post-39-1226507097.jpg

Ray,

That is a great drawing - thank you (it is now saved). In view of Signifer's pending release of their product (thanks for the info' again Thierry). I shall store the information for possible future rference...unless, Signifer are not going to make a 1/24 scale version, then maybe?... :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Derek

thats the one in the post to you derek-----sorry i just don't have the ability to do such clever(esoteric to me) things with these infernal computers.

dave.

Dave,

Please do not apologise - I am very grateful for your photocopy, as it shall still be very useful to me - thanks once more Dave.

kIND REGARDS

Derek

Alan/Ray,

Thank for the pictures (and thanks to Richard for allowing me to 'muscle in ;)).

Ray, these are the two preserved accumulator trolleys that I was referring to. Dave, yours is a new one to me. Although it is very similar in design, there are noticable differences (maybe this is a 'locally manufactured copy' of the original UK type?) - the light generator on top of it certainly does not look like a standard fit (notice the flat lid compared to the angled lid of the accumulators in Ray's pictures?). However, it is still a very useful photograph, so thank you for posting it.

I have already noticed that there appears to be two distinct wheel patterns - one is a pressed steel rim with holes in it (as in Ray's pictures), and the other appears to be a plainer flat steel pressing without holes in the rim (as in Dave's pictures). They both remind me of mid-1930's tractor front wheels? (maybe they are just that!). More info' welcomed.

Regards

Derek

Hi Derek

The photos I posted are of an WWII RAF type.

I have photos in my Spitfire books of these being used circa 1942/43 with Spitfires in the UK

HTH

Alan