1/32 trolley accumulator

R Palimaka

Does anyone know if there has ever been a kit of any of the styles of WWII RAF starter trolley/trolly accumulator? I looked at several websites including Flightpath but couldn't find any. Seems like such a universal piece of equipment seen in most photos. I was able to find all kinds of Luftwaffe figures and ground equipment down to a 1/32 scale ersatz coffee urn autographed by Hans-Ulrich Rudel (well OK, I made that up)...but just try to find a late-war RAF pilot or erk, or any ground equipment.

Here's hoping Ultacast might come to the rescue. Actually, come to think of it I think I saw where someone had converted some of the Ultracast 1/35 1944-45 Commonwealth infantry/tanker figures to RAF late-war pilots.

Cheers,

Richard

Puchala made 54mm figures of Ginger Lacey and Stanford Tuck, but both of these are early war and OOP, your best bet for a late war pilot is Mastercasters, who already do a Commonwealth pilot figure, and a2zee models Alley Cat range, who have just released a RFC pilot, they don't make any yet, but if anyone will it'll probably be them. Oh and Andrea make a BoB pilot sat in a deck chair having a nice cup of tea!

Hi Richard . Many years ago a company called Kit Bits produced a resin Trolly Ac here in the Uk unfortunately long out of business.

I still have mine which i made many years ago . If i ever see another one i will grab it for you.

Thank you, that would be great. Keep me in mind.

Cheers,

Richard

Oh and Andrea make a BoB pilot sat in a deck chair having a nice cup of tea!

That figure is wonderful and I will likely get it at some point. But as for late-war pilots in NW Europe with the shorter battledress, I guess we'll have to wait.

Cheers,

Richard

OK...does anyone have a source for drawings/plans of the different types of RAF trolley accumulators? They seem a simple shape for the most part, they could be scratchbuilt if I can find proper drawings.

Would anyone know of drawings that exist in magazines or books? I have tried to Google it without much luck.

Thanks again for any help folks.

Cheers,

Richard

OK...does anyone have a source for drawings/plans of the different types of RAF trolley accumulators? They seem a simple shape for the most part, they could be scratchbuilt if I can find proper drawings.

Would anyone know of drawings that exist in magazines or books? I have tried to Google it without much luck.

Thanks again for any help folks.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Like you, if anyone can offer accurate technical data/measurements and pictures, I would be willing to master one of these accumulator trolleys for production in resin?

Best regards

Derek

hi guys----i have the trolley acc. drawings from the old airfix 'classic aircraft and how to model them---no.4' dont have the ability to scan them but will gladly photostat and post(old fashioned style) they are of course in 24th. but i imagine could be reduced-----i'd love a resin in either scale!

let me know if you need this-----oh, the drawings are at the very front (just in case anyone else---who can scan---has the book) and show four views by neville franklin.

cheers,

dave.

hi guys----i have the trolley acc. drawings from the old airfix 'classic aircraft and how to model them---no.4' dont have the ability to scan them but will gladly photostat and post(old fashioned style) they are of course in 24th. but i imagine could be reduced-----i'd love a resin in either scale!

let me know if you need this-----oh, the drawings are at the very front (just in case anyone else---who can scan---has the book) and show four views by neville franklin.

cheers,

dave.

Dave,

PM sent.

Derek ;)

Which book is the "Classic Aircraft & How to Build Them #4?" I may have that one, and I can scan and pdf...

hi, these were a series of books which were linked to the airfix 'superkit' releases years ago---no.4 was on the hurri. the books were by patrick stephens in connection with airfix---by bruce robertson and gerald scarborough and edited by roy cross--------on the front of each was the same pic. as the kit box art and they always have--'their history and how to model them' as a sort of sub title.

iv'e posted a photo copy of the trolley acc to derek---who may well be able to post the pic. on site---wish i bloody well knew a little bit about computers---i type with one finger!!!!!

cheers,

dave.