Hasegawa P-40 K

GSNeil

I've read nothing at all on this kit. What was wrong with it in the E issue?

There is an extra frame on both sides of the windscreen that doesn't belong on the E. Not sure about the K or other versions like the N. You have to sand the extra frame off then polish both sides. Doesn't seem to be too difficult

HTH

Scott Gentry

Judging from the photo I think not, I looks to me like the builder just opted not to paint the frame but it looks to still be molded in. I see a line in the photo that looks like the frame?

When I look at the higher resolution image on this thread it seems like the extra frame is gone. Or the builder got rid or it, but that wouldn't be too cool for a test build, would it?

Looking at the high-res pic, it seems to me that there is a slight distortion looking through the clear part where the frame would have been. This might indicate that the builder sanded it out. If so, the builder may have sanded it out to have a more accurate model, or may have done so at the request of Hasegawa because they made the correction in the production version of the kit. I guess we'll all know for sure when the kit hits the reviewers hands! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Doug