Trumpeter TBF-1C Avenger

gunpowder

• 4 months later...

Well this has been sitting around for a while , had a brief stint in the traderoom , so now i think its bout time i finished it. Heres how far i am with it so far.

DSC03628.jpg

DSC03629.jpg

DSC03630.jpg

DSC03631.jpg

It looks to be coming along very nicely. The size of that model lends itself well to a lot of detailing. Although Trumpeter did not do too bad a job of detailing they still could have done a lot better in my opinion. I will probably build that one after I finish their A-7E. There is a lot of potential there!

I thought the turret needed to be in before fuselage joining. Have you a cunning plan?

Indeed i do. As long as the rear turtledeck? part is left out behind the turret , it can be manouvered in OK.

Finished off the interior today and i thought that i had better get some photos before i add all of the glazing.

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03634.jpg

DSC03635.jpg

DSC03636.jpg

Well its finally finished. These big TBMs have so many fiddly parts it takes forever to get them done. The result is worth it though. I wanted to keep this one clean with minimal weathering.

DSC03654.jpg

DSC03655.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

DSC03648.jpg

DSC03656.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03658.jpg

DSC03657.jpg

Just for fun!

DSC03651.jpg

Nice build. I was going to comment on the rear canopy thinking it was wrong but a quick look in a ref book and it's right. I learned something today so thanks much!! I though the canopy telescoped like the Dauntless.