YAK-38

Lee White

This will be a good build to watch: I've always liked the -38 since I read The Torch...

Does this build mean the Vulcan is on a back-burner?

Hi

The Vulcan is moving along slowly, but the Yak-38 is shaping up nicely. The fuselage is mostly carved and shaped, and I'm trying to find a way to post pics, as my computer crashed,and I now have to post with my cell phone. As soon as I can post pics, I will.

Lee

Well, it looks like the cmputer problem MIGHT be solved- I'm online, but the broadband is going very slow, so, something still isn't right. I'm going to try to upload some photos- first of the laminated wood cut to profile, and another of the molds partially sanded to shape.

post-81-1222797761.jpg

post-81-1222797812.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Looks impressive Lee.

I think you are doing great stuff here.

Cheers,

Loic

agreed nice update may I ask how you get you balse so fine do you also use verry fine grade sanding paper to get to that finisch, becasue I tried to make me canopy shape master form and I just didn't succeed in getting an all round smooth finisch on it any pointers??

I find this too a verry cool subject to build once

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Hi Lee, seems the master/tutor/scratch-guru struck again with this one, looking very promising.. :lol:

And indeed like the others pointed out, keep us informed on techniques and such, it is very inspiring for us all i think to follow this build up to the finish.

Happy modeling my friend,

J :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

logging in on my wife's computer- Loic, thank you for the kind words. I have not written as life, as usual, has gotten very busy! I will practise some, and hopefully you wil be able to understand it!! :lol:

Stusbke- Hi, yes I used progressivley finer grades of sandpaper, but if you need a really smooth surface, i would recommend coating the mold with thick CA and sanding it down immediately. this will give a smooooooth mold for you. I hope this helps!

Jack! Very good to hear from you. did you ever get my response to your OV-10/Charger query? long story short, I do plan to do the Charger soon, but probably noy the Bronco again, at least not in the near future. Thanks all for your kind words of encouragement!!!

Lee

Jack! Very good to hear from you. did you ever get my response to your OV-10/Charger query? long story short, I do plan to do the Charger soon, but probably noy the Bronco again, at least not in the near future. Thanks all for your kind words of encouragement!!!

Lee

Hi Lee, i can't remember having received a response on the subject, but no sweat, thanks for your reply on this anyhow, the Yak looks promising, have fun :lol:

regards,

Jack :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone-

I'm in need of a K-36 seat for the yak, and was wondering if anyone had a trumpy k-36 that they were not gonna use having used an aftermarket one in their mig or su-27 please IM me with costs, etc. Thanks!

Lee

• 3 weeks later...