YAK-38

Lee White

• 2 weeks later...

Lee, as usual, a fantastic scratch build project (I love watching your scratch build projects - they are really educational and interesting). Good luck with the rest of the build.

Best regards

Derek

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. They are very much appreciated. I have not made any progress on the Yak since my last post, as I have been been working like a madman. I'm writing this from my work computer- Don't tell!!

Loic, thanks for your input- I have not been practicing my French, for the same reason as why my building has slowed- lack of time. I appreciate your continued tutelage, though.

Quite a few folks have asked for Yaks, and this has suprised me somewhat. Didn't think it would be as popular as it seems to be. I have written down the names of folks who have asked, and in the order that they have asked, and will try to honor the requests in their order. a few caveats;

It is a 1/2 kit- wings are from a 1/48 F-15, and tail surfaces will be from sheet plastic. only a fuselage and canopy would be in any "kit".

Also, I carved this from Balsa, and not Basswood, as I have used in the past. The molds got a little beat up, and if they should become unusable before all of the requests are addressed, then, all would be able to do is apologise, and send plans, maybe? B)

I hope to do some work tomorrow, my day off, before i get shanghai'ed to drive my Daughter around to do the christmas shopping.

Lee

Lee,

As to the yak being a 1/2 a kit.What did u use for the nose sections as to the two piece fuselage.The rest from what i have seen is very easy and the use of the F-15 wings is also easy and even could be made from sheet.And is there any way to get a copy of the plans u have as to copying and enlarging.Larry

Lee,

As to the yak being a 1/2 a kit.What did u use for the nose sections as to the two piece fuselage.The rest from what i have seen is very easy and the use of the F-15 wings is also easy and even could be made from sheet.And is there any way to get a copy of the plans u have as to copying and enlarging.Larry

Larry,

The nose section would be included. 2 nose sections, 2 aft sections, 2 intakes, and a canopy make up the whole shebang.