Ok I'm in with a Wildcat

Spads57

Wow!, You've got this Wildcat looking GOOD, Gregory! Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the cowl? Shape, detail, or something else? Got both the Trumpeter, and Revell kits but I've never given them a good look-over to see if anything is obviously amiss.

Oh yeah, the information on the pilot you asked for is, www.masterdetailsfromusa.com for this guy here. HTH, Russ

post-4413-1221980892.jpg

Great looking Wildcat, Gregory!

Looking super. I like all the little details your adding to this old kit especially all that rivet detail.

Dan

Wow Greg, very nice work. You've raised the bar for me and I"ve got to get busy. I've decided I won't be doing a red and white tail on my F4F-4...that way ours won't look like the bopsy twins. Keep up the good work.

• 3 months later...

Merry Christmas Guys,

Just a short update for you today.Finally got all the riveting and rescribing done .My finger tips will never be the same again.The flaps and tail feathers have been cut and seperated,all the rest of of the parts have been cleaned up as well.I hope to start assembly in the next few days and maybe alittle painting for the cockpit area too.Stay tuned ,I hope to have new in progress photos soon.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Merry Christmas to You too, Gregory! Can't wait to see the new progress pics, and hope them 'phalanges' heal up OK. :P Doing some scribing myself over the next few days, and I've learned to wrap my fingers in duct tape first. he he.

I'm going to be doing what riveting I have the same way you did this build, with a twist drill.(and a lot of coffee!) Ooooh, it's a lotta fun. :) Happy Holidays, Dude!!!, Russ

• 1 year later...