Trumpter A-10

Texas

nice work, detail looks nice..are those all kit bits in there?

By kit bits if your talking about the wepons Yes...If your talking about all the open panels on the aircraft No.......

Texas :speak_cool:

I meant the panels, sorry should have been more clear.

Excellent detailing! :speak_cool:

The electronic bays and battery box bay is a Verlinden set with detail added

The gun bay is scratch built with the exception of the main gun parts that came with the kit....The kit doesn't have the gun bay open at all so I cut open the flusage and did my thing...

I also added detail to all the wheel wells.....

Texas :thumbsup:

Man Tex, that Hog is looking nice. I'm trying to finish mine but the stupid airbrush took a dump. So, I'm waiting for a new brush to continue by painting. As for the weapons I stole the AIM-9s, Mavericks, and Mk 82s from the academy kits. Much better then the trumpy stuff. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Mike

As for the weapons I stole the AIM-9s, Mavericks, and Mk 82s from the academy kits. Much better then the trumpy stuff.

Thanks.....Which Academy kits did you take the weapons from???????I may have to check them out....

Weponsaf.jpg

I used the parts of the bombs from the hornet kit and missiles from Viper kit. As for those tiny parts that help stabilize the weapons (I don't know what they are callled) I'm cutting mine down right in the middle and trimming it a little to make it bit smaller. I blue tacked one to the pylon with a bomb just see how it would look and to me these things are way to wide. I looked a the same parts in my academy hornet kits and they meet perfect with an weapons. Just like they suppose to. So, by taking some plastic out in the middle and re-gluing them together gives them a better look with bombs, etc.

Try one cause there are few extras in the A-10 kit. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Mike

Note: I even added the Maverick rails from the hornet kit. It's got enough.

I used the parts of the bombs from the hornet kit and missiles from Viper kit. As for those tiny parts that help stabilize the weapons (I don't know what they are callled) I'm cutting mine down right in the middle and trimming it a little to make it bit smaller. I blue tacked one to the pylon with a bomb just see how it would look and to me these things are way to wide. I looked a the same parts in my academy hornet kits and they meet perfect with an weapons. Just like they suppose to. So, by taking some plastic out in the middle and re-gluing them together gives them a better look with bombs, etc.

Try one cause there are few extras in the A-10 kit. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Mike

Note: I even added the Maverick rails from the hornet kit. It's got enough.

Thanks....After looking things over I thank Trumpter made the sway braces to fit the larger weapons and none for the smaller ones.....Sounds like your doing the right thing by cutting them down......

Texas :beer4:

Thanks Guys....Heres a update.....Decided to switch weapons load for what I hope is the more accurate weapons in the kit and the ones that fit the sway braces better.....They still need some work but are getting there....

Weponsai.jpg

Weponsaj.jpg

Weponsak.jpg

Stay Tuned

Texas :BANGHEAD2:

• 3 weeks later...

Well progress on this project has slowed to a crawl at the moment...I have been diagnosed with cancer and started chemo today...I will still be working when I can and reporting the progress as I make some headway...

Texas :DodgeBall:

Well progress on this project has slowed to a crawl at the moment...I have been diagnosed with cancer and started chemo today...I will still be working when I can and reporting the progress as I make some headway...

Well damn, that's horrible news. :angry2:

Fight it Tex! I have several friends that have won the battle against cancer so keep the chin up and fight.

I am pulling for you and I am sure everyone else here at LSP is also.

Ron