Trumpter A-10

Texas

HI I am posting this now because some modelers have voiced a desire for us to build the Trumpter A-10 kit together. I have set a date of May15,2008 to start my model and wanted anyone who wants to join in to have time to get ready. As it stands now Ian, Qwikduster and myself are in. We will post our progress here and try to keep it updated. There has been no discussion on a time limit for the build so I am open to suggestions. I only know I am a slow builder and can see it taking me about nine months or longer considering what I have seen and herd about this kit. I also would like to know if we are allowed to refer to this as a group build?

Here is what I have gathered for the build.

A-10ac.jpg

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm so busy with my P-57D and my Arado Ar-234B but I do have two of those kits, the single seater and the two seater. I plan to do Capt. Kim Campbell's battle damaged bird. I have decalse from TwoBobs. The two seater has plans to be converted to a experimental futuristic x-plane with a large nose mounted, two shot particle beam canon in place of the Avenger.

I'm so busy with my P-57D and my Arado Ar-234B but I do have two of those kits, the single seater and the two seater. I plan to do Capt. Kim Campbell's battle damaged bird. I have decalse from TwoBobs. The two seater has plans to be converted to a experimental futuristic x-plane with a large nose mounted, two shot particle beam canon in place of the Avenger.

HI Those sound great. We would be glad to have you join in if you can find the time.

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Texas, have fun, it looks like it'll take you at least a few months to finish it, but i'm sure the ride is going to be very interesting

Some nice goodies you have there.... :rolleyes:

enjoy,

J.

What all is in there? Looks like somebody got some Birthday presents? Hmmmm?

HI Just so you will know. There is the basic Trumpter A-10 kit + Cutting Edges cockpit set, exterrior set , wheels and decals for the Flying Tigers at England AFB + a Verlinden detail set. I have had all of this in the stash fot somewhere between five and ten years and finally thought it was time to show it the light of day. So there you have some more of the story and the next chapter is still being written so stay tuned.

Texas :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also would like to know if we are allowed to refer to this as a group build?

I for one don't really object to referring to it as a GB, although it would be here in Member Builds. Your options would be for each of you to start your own threads or for all participants to add onto one thread. To me the one thread concept would get confusing.

Anything that gets folks building is a great thing, so if the Informal Group Build theme works for you, have at it!

I for one don't really object to referring to it as a GB, although it would be here in Member Builds. Your options would be for each of you to start your own threads or for all participants to add onto one thread. To me the one thread concept would get confusing.

Anything that gets folks building is a great thing, so if the Informal Group Build theme works for you, have at it!

HI Thanks Dave I thank your right about us all having our own thread. Can we have them all titled (A-10 GB) or should we use a different title for each. Any help is appreciated.

Texas :unsure: :lol: :)

HI Thanks Dave I thank your right about us all having our own thread. Can we have them all titled (A-10 GB) or should we use a different title for each. Any help is appreciated.

Texas :unsure: :lol: :)

I'd leave that part for the optional sub-title line below the main one.

Well... here's some inspiration as I just finished one of these babies... I used the Cutting Edge engine pods, external and cockpit as well as replacement resin wheels. The load out is based on what one of my ex-USAF buddies, who was a Combat Controller, told me was typical.

Tim W.

post-717-1209513713.jpg