Sign in to follow this  
Allok

Hasegawa Bf 109G 6

I want to build this one virtually OOB.

Why not, it's such a great kit.

I want to build this one virtually OOB.

Why not, it's such a great kit.

Nothing wrong with that choice Keith! Good to see you joining in, and I look forward to following your build.

Kev

Nothing wrong with that choice Keith! Good to see you joining in, and I look forward to following your build.

Kev

Thanks Kev.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to get to build it as my schedule is pretty tight and I've just heard that my dad has been killed in a car crash (Suspect he fell asleep at the wheel). Things are going to start getting busy around here.

I might dedicate a couple of builds to him next year. He flew Harvards and then Sunderlands for the RNZAF as a young man (I have both these planes in my stash in 1/32-33.) and I always wanted to make something special that he could put on his shelf.

I guess it's a bit late now.

He was 65.

I'll miss him.

Thanks Kev.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to get to build it as my schedule is pretty tight and I've just heard that my dad has been killed in a car crash (Suspect he fell asleep at the wheel). Things are going to start getting busy around here.

I might dedicate a couple of builds to him next year. He flew Harvards and then Sunderlands for the RNZAF as a young man (I have both these planes in my stash in 1/32-33.) and I always wanted to make something special that he could put on his shelf.

He was 65.

I'll miss him.

OMG Keith! I'm so sorry to hear that mate.

:unsure:

Kev

Thanks Kev.

He was 65.

I'll miss him.

OMG Keith I'm so sorry to hear that! Please know my thoughts are with you and yours during what must be a terrible time for you. I don't even know how else to convey my sympathies... Be well.

Keith

Sorry to hear that your father has passed, our condolences :unsure:

Lost my own father about same age (cancer), he also served in RNZAF, both with Sunderlands (Hobsonville/Lauthala Bay) and on Harvards (Wigram) and other aircraft (P 3's C130's etc Whenuapai).

Take time to mourn, it's important you do, important part of the process (been there done that).

Kind Regards

Alan

HI Sorry to here about your dad. My condolences go to you and all the family. I am sure he will be missed.

Texas

My condolences also Keith...

And echoing Alan's sentiments. Take your time about things, and don't let anyone tell you what or when to feel, it will all come to you when you're ready (Lost my Dad Christmas '05, heart attack after 8 years fighting Bladder Cancer). Though at least I had time to prepare, you will also have the shock to of it all as well as dealing with the loss.

But by all means dedicate that build to him, as much for yourself as for him... Never to late.

Steve

Cheers guys, I certainly appreciate your comments.

I have, in fact, managed to glue quite a bit of this plane together. I just need to squirt some paint on it and then take a few pics.

Luckily these kits are easy to build.

What shocking news, Keith!! :lol:

Like everyone else has said, take your time about things, and let eveything heal.

My condolences.

Sign in to follow this