GB "ugly" aircraft......

Jack

Stephen, you're a real philosopher, i like that, and i think we might have to change this "name" into "THE GROUP BUILD CONCERNING VERY STRANGE LOOKING AND WEIRDLY CONCEPTIONAL OUT OF THE ORDINARY STRANGE LOOKING AIR VEHICLES"..... ;) :)

Now what do you all say, ....let's start building or what???

J.

Makes for a nice acronym though: TGBCVSLAWCOOTOSLAV with extra bonus points to those who try to pronounce it. ;)

My vote for the ugliest, wierdest, strangest WWII production airplane is a tie between the BV-141 and the FW-189. The Stuka was almost pretty compared to them. :)

Yes, but the Bv-141 and the FW-189 are not available in 1/32 - not even as vacuforms or as built in wood from the Philippines. So we cannot use them for the Group Build.

Thus I think we should begin with a plane that is available in kit form in 1/32.

I suggest the Ju-87. After all, the Revell B is usually avialable on ebay, the R and G by Hasegawa and the B/R (whatever that means) by 21st Century.

I have another idea.

How about those who want to build the kits as FSM (Fine Scale Modelers) and include all the details do it your way and those of us who want to have some fun make our own versions of the venerable Ju-87.

David Thompson and I were going to do that with our three engine versions of the Ju-87 but he had to devote his time to making money and I got lost somewhere down the line. I will make my three engine version, as used in Vulgaria or as a contraption that didn't quite make it in the Luftwaffe.

What say youse guys?

Yes, but the Bv-141 and the FW-189 are not available in 1/32 - not even as vacuforms or as built in wood from the Philippines. So we cannot use them for the Group Build.

Thus I think we should begin with a plane that is available in kit form in 1/32.

I suggest the Ju-87. After all, the Revell B is usually avialable on ebay, the R and G by Hasegawa and the B/R (whatever that means) by 21st Century.

I have another idea.

How about those who want to build the kits as FSM (Fine Scale Modelers) and include all the details do it your way and those of us who want to have some fun make our own versions of the venerable Ju-87.

David Thompson and I were going to do that with our three engine versions of the Ju-87 but he had to devote his time to making money and I got lost somewhere down the line. I will make my three engine version, as used in Vulgaria or as a contraption that didn't quite make it in the Luftwaffe.

What say youse guys?

Stephen, vulgaria is fine, but i was more or less hoping for a more realistic, historically correct version of this GB, so any Stuka is ofcourse fine, so is any "crummy" version of the Phantom ( ;) ).

Makes you think about any other aircraft that would classify, wouldn't it??.....OMG....what else??? :)

J.

J.

Mmmm...

I will be staying well out of this one.

All my planes are beautiful!!! (Yes, even Airtrucks are beautiful)

Although, maybe I could build a Spitfire? ;) :)

heeeey, talking about an Airtruk............. ;) ;) ... :lol:

Mmmm...

I will be staying well out of this one.

All my planes are beautiful!!! (Yes, even Airtrucks are beautiful)

Although, maybe I could build a Spitfire? :lol: :)

Wellllll, how about a beautiful Stuka?

In the USA they have these TV shows where people beautify(?!?) apartments and homes. I think we call them inferior desecrators, or interior decorators.

Why not a stuka with a beautifying treatment? Window treatments with lace, flowers in the rear MG position, paisley interior, pink and purple paint job.

How about a smiley face in front?

For a crew we have scantily clad buxom beauty queens with long blond hair.

The slogan "Make love not war" along the sides of the fuselage.

White wall tires.

Can you tell I was a young man during the wild and wicked free 1960's?

"Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll."

Flower Power!

Cool!

;) ;) ;)

Wellllll, how about a beautiful Stuka?

In the USA they have these TV shows where people beautify(?!?) apartments and homes. I think we call them inferior desecrators, or interior decorators.

Why not a stuka with a beautifying treatment? Window treatments with lace, flowers in the rear MG position, paisley interior, pink and purple paint job.

How about a smiley face in front?

For a crew we have scantily clad buxom beauty queens with long blond hair.

The slogan "Make love not war" along the sides of the fuselage.

White wall tires.

Can you tell I was a young man during the wild and wicked free 1960's?

"Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll."

Flower Power!

Cool!

:) ;) ;)

No that would be funny!! A Summer of Love group build! Peace-out!

Gentlemen: I can think of a number of strange or weird French a/c of the 1930's... :lol: but , I don't know of many that have been kitted in 1/32... Lindberg is planning to reissue the GeeBee racer in 1/32, that one was weird, IMO....a/c...also, some of the Soviet a/c of the cold war period would also qualify, again in my opinion....

Perhaps we could compile a tentative list of those ugly,homely,ungainly(Ju-87), weird, etc. a/c that are available in 1/32....then, those wanting to do the GB could pick from the list..unfortunately I don't think there are too many "ugly ducklings" available in 1/32.

Of course one man's ugly is another's sweetheart...so getting a consensus may be difficult... :lol: :huh: :huh:

On my list would be (w/o regard to scale) , Ju-87, Ju-52, H.P.42,Bloch MB-200,Douglas C-133A,Antonov An-22.

per W@ebster: Ugly: 1. frightful, dire,...2. offensive to the sight, offensive to the other senses, 3. morally offensive..

4. a. likely to cause inconvenience or discomfort, b. surly or quarrelsome.

Weird: 2. strange, odd, fantastic...

Strange: 1. Foreign, 2. unfamilar, reserved or distant,

I'm not sure that any of these definitions are helpful in describing the focus of such a group build...I suppose if you are on the receiving end of weapons delivery from any a/c you might consider it as Ugly...

If an a/c is constructed in such a way that is "unconventional" to you, you might say it is Weird...

or, if the a/c is unfamiliar or not of your alliance you might call it Strange....

Was this thought provoking or just provoking..? :lol:

Cheers,

ggc

First, there are very few IM airplanes available in 1/32 from which to choose the ugliest one.

Yes there are vacuforms available but most of us will not build them even if we wanted to buy them.

(I prefer to redo the vacs in fiberglass, myself.)

Few of us can afford the resins.

So we are really limited, aren't we?

Well, that's why I suggested the Stuka for a group build. Or the Lysander or the Fiesler Storch.

Yes there are lots more planes in 1/48 scale. But do we really want to go back down in size?

Almost all the really ugly planes are available in 1/72 scale but isn't that out of the question for LSP?

Well, I see that we have two choices,

Perhaps we all make the 1/32 Stuka, of which many are readily available at moderate cost. :lol:

Or we invent our own ugly airplanes. :lol:

Waddya think guys? :lol: