Trumpeter Mig 3

Hacker

post-542-1200428540.jpg

The flaps also extend to the outer wing panels so the rib details was continued out to there too. Next on my list is to detail the wheel wells so stay tune.

Thats all for now later dudes

Dave,

She´s looking really smart that one does...Very nice!

Ted

Great work but I would apply a wash and some dry brushing to show off all that magnificent detailing you put in.

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. l was thinking of getting some of the Pro Modeller wash at some point to try it out as wash. http://www.promodeller.com/ (website for those who want to know)

did more work on the wheel wells so here is what l have got done

post-542-1200493120.jpg

post-542-1200493151.jpg

l cut the various access panels into the walls of the wheel well as well as put the hydraulic ram where the landing gear is

post-542-1200493459.jpg

post-542-1200493724.jpg

One of the other reasons l took the molded top the wheel well out was to give be more freer access to detail it. l add all the structural parts and put in the leaver for closing the gear doors when the landing gear is retracted ( the stick sticking up is to be attached to the doors later)

post-542-1200493828.jpg

post-542-1200493845.jpg

Here is what it all looks like when l dry fitted it to assure everything fits properly. Once l get further along l will paint it and the landing flaps the same colour l used for the side walls in the cockpit.

Well thats all for now. Got to go. l will post more when l get more things done. l have to now tackle the fuel tank in the cockpit and the ammo boxes.

later and have a good day eh? ;) :P :lol:

That's it- your new moniker around here will be Her Doctor Von Hack!!!!!!! Love the work, dude! Makes me wanna dig out a Mig!

BY the way- What is going on woth the Kikka???? Hmmmmmmm?

Now, stop reading this and get back to work!!!!!

THOR :ph34r:

Now, stop reading this and get back to work!!!!!

THOR :P

Work man you have no idea Thor and l will now show you why ;)

When l started this l knew l wanted to do to this model but my concerns where was l up to the task?? :lol: Taking pages out of the book of Novak the ripper and inspired by Mr Reid l wanted to do something different and to experiment for a future project l have in mind but first l wanted to see if l could actually do it. l kept mum about it encase it did not go as planned. l am happy to say it did and much to my surprise better then l had anticipated. l am very happy with the results and now going to share it with you.

First off this is to be a model of a factional restoration of a Mig 3 somewhere in North America and l wanted to show it as it was coming together in the final stages of work. Someone mentioned earlier of doing it without camouflage which l had planned along but did not want to say anything until l got this part done.

post-542-1200770141.jpg

One of the references l had to work with was structural drawings for the Mig including an upper view of wings and fuselage.

post-542-1200770169.jpg

l also had detail drawing of the outer wooden wing structure itself

post-542-1200770456.jpg

post-542-1200770474.jpg

Using the references at hand l build this wing structure over a period of a week and a half. The biggest thing for me was how to set out to do it? what l came up with was this.

First l cut out the wing spars aft and at the leading edge. Then l made the main inner spar. As l had decided to make construction easier l dived the wing into three parts hence the pieces l just made had to be cut up into three pieces.

The first part of the wing built was between where it joined the metal wing section and where the aileron begins. At this time only the air foils and the spars where glued together with one full airfoil on each end and sectioned ones in the middle. Next came the middle section which as between the first section and where the aileron ended. l simply glued the middle spar sections to the full airfoil on the first part and attached a full airfoil on the other end and build middle like l did the first section. The last part was the end of wing. Here using the kit wing traced the tip shape out and cut it out of some flat styrene. l then attached it to the remaining pieces of spars and attached that to the rest of the wing and fill the middle like l did the rest.

Once that all the glued hardened l then proceeded to put the stringers on. Using a cut off wheel in my dremel tool l proceed to cut notches in all the airfoils so l could set in the 0.30 X 0.30 styrene strip stringers (12 in all).

after sanding everything l did some final detail work on the first section and cut the landing and the marker light on the wing tip out

post-542-1200771836.jpg

post-542-1200771858.jpg

When all was said and done l could not resist dry fitting it to the wing and fuselage to see how it looks. l have to tell you l was pretty worried that this part was not going to turn out. Much to my amazement l think it turned out pretty dam good :P

so that is all for now guys l am going to take the day off and either takes some meds to still my nerves ( just kidding) or just relax and watch some telly. l have a lot more to do on this and will be probably right back at it tomorrow. So later

Man do l need a beer ;) :lol: