Trumpeter Mig 3

Hacker

Just wondering what is wrong with tubular framing? I checked it against technical drawings that I could find over Internet and it seems fine to me - required just minor changes.

For inner walls, there is nice Eduard photo etched set for MiG-3 that includes this walls as well as correct floor....

post-542-1199070003.jpg

you are right about ths sides except there is the vertical section missing just about where the instructment panel would go but there are frame work missing on the back top and front sectons as well as below

The seat doesn't have a flange on the top of it and bullet proof back (9 mm thick armor plate) wasn't mounted or touched to it. Pilot seat is just aluminum bath made by press...

post-542-1199070038.jpg

here is a picture as to how the seat is suppose to be mounted. Trumpeter did get the design right but its mounted on a floor that does not extend no further then what you see in this picture. Also from this picture you can see how wrong the floor is

Nice work old bean. I just dragged mine out from the stash to do for the under 50 GB...race you. Err...I needed a break from the F14...and the F5E..and the. Nah it was Rookie giving me a nudge :lol:

Here's a few piccies that might helpstarboardpitwall.jpg

portpitwall.jpg

panel.jpg

I might add that I got these pics off AirWarfare Forums...I can't recall the photographper as it was a couple of years ago. Excellent walkaround though. 173 images. Lots of other good info on those forums.

Nice work old bean. I just dragged mine out from the stash to do for the under 50 GB...race you. Err...I needed a break from the F14...and the F5E..and the. Nah it was Rookie giving me a nudge :D

Ah the gauntlet has been thrown down and a challenge been issued ;) :lol: . Well now l have to up the anti and pull out some stops here. hehehehe. In all seriousness l am just going do build it as l had plan its just things keep getting modified in that department as l go along. Like a sculptor (not you steve) l like letting the piece take me where it wants me to go. Anyways hope you can keep up there Matty :P :)

By the way l have those pictures and alot more stuff to work but thanks anyways for the pictures it appreciated

In theme l wish to build this plane l found out that when l exposed the armament that the top part of the engine would be exposed as well. Seeing that its only the top part l build the engine using some bits and bobs and a old revell merlin from a mustang to make one. Sometimes with this hobby when you are trying to protray something sometimes you resort to illusion to fake what you are trying to creat and thats what l had to do. l had to make it look like the AM-35 engine used in the Mig 3 and l think l pulled it off but l will let you be the judge of that

post-542-1199323544.jpg

post-542-1199323557.jpg

the main part is the Merlin , the front part is some tubing and a nose is part of a revell Su 27 nose cone. The rest is like l said bits and peices

post-542-1199323728.jpg

post-542-1199323885.jpg

To give you the idea what l am after here. Most of the nose will be filled with oil tanks and such so most of it will be hidden but l had to make it look good

well thats all for now later gang

This is looking great, Dave!

It probably makes me a goofball (familiar territory) but I always think 'jet' when I think Mig. This is probably one of Russia's best looking prop planes and you're doing a really great job with it so far. Love the extra touches you're adding!