Fisher Sea Fury

Bryan

I finally managed to finish this.

I wrestled a while on what scheme to paint it in. So many people have built this kit and posted photos, it seemed sort of hard to "break the mold". About the only way I could come up with to do anything different would be to paint and decal it as a Cuban plane or Iraqi plane or something even more obscure. I didn't really want to do that, so I wound up painting it like all the others....

I know there have been a lot of internet superlatives about this kit, and I just wanted to add that it lives up to every one of them. The kit is absolutely outstanding in nearly every way except price. I build so few kits that I was willing to swallow the price, but for some of you guys who can crank out a kit in a week, the cost would be prohibitive to be sure.

It is completely OOB, except I replaced most of the tubular parts like guns and exhausts with hypodermic tubing. It was painted with Mr. Color lacquers.

I went a bit stronger on the weathering than I usually see on Sea Furys. I wanted to depict that plane as it would appear during a carrier deployment. I saw some photos of Sea Furys looking pretty ragged. Even if the weathering is overdone, what the hell? I hate clean models....

Thanks for looking. Any suggestions welcome.

SeaFury1.jpg

SeaFury2.jpg

SeaFury3.jpg

SeaFury4.jpg

SeaFury5.jpg

SeaFury6.jpg

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it.

I posted this on Hyperscale also, and it generated a bit of controversy regarding the weathering. I certainly cannot prove it is completely authentic, but I can prove a few people take this hobby a bit too seriously..... :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it.

I posted this on Hyperscale also, and it generated a bit of controversy regarding the weathering. I certainly cannot prove it is completely authentic, but I can prove a few people take this hobby a bit too seriously..... :rolleyes:

I've read a posting or two over there that supports your theory! Who cares? I like 'em dirty....