PCM 1/32 Re. 2005..... tale of an elegant fighter

alaninaustria

Guest canuck63
Twenty nine pre-production aircraft were complete by the time of the Italian surrender of 8 September 1943. The fate of many of these aircraft is unclear. Three fell into the hands of the Co-Belligerent Air Force, but a lack of spare parts kept them grounded. Three more were used by the fascist air force in Northern Italy. The Germans took eleven of the pre-production aircraft, but after that they disappear

here is the fate of this aircraft

hacker B) B)

Just found this picture;it shows Mr. Bruno Ferrari,a former Reggiane motorist,after a check up on the engine of a Re 2005 at Reggiane's own airfield,Reggio Emilia,1944/45.

post-413-1187096375.jpg

Guest canuck63

A Fiat G 55 belonging to the "Squadriglia Complementare Montefusco"...Montefusco's pilots (and other Squadriglias' too,for that matters) practically spent their days aboard their machines(a little like the Mongols who,when at war, used to eat and sleep on their saddle) waiting to take off against Allied bombers.

post-413-1187097501.jpg

Guest canuck63

Bloody IMG code...they're Centauros :angry: ...interesting pictures anyway...shall I remove them? B)..To Alan and the others....a few weeks ago a friend uploaded many Regia Aeronautica and ANR pictures on photobucket....small thumbs,wrong labeling and eysight going to the dogs don't mix...sorry for that....I'll look for Re 2005 pictures soon! B) :wacko: :blink: :lol:

I've made a quick search and it seems that after the 8th September Armistice a few machines were destroyed by R.A. personnel to prevent them from falling into German hands,no Re 2005 was used by the Aviazione Cobelligerante while 6 machines were used by the ANR as training machines.A few aircraft were captured by the Germans but if,were and when they were used is not clear,some sources say that they were used to boost Berlin's air defense,while other say that they were transferred to Rumania and used to protect Ploesti oil wells!

Manu, thanks for the photos! Even if they are Centauros! I hope that PCM will release a G.55.. that would complement their Re. 2005 very well :lol:

Well, I took a bit of a break today - needed to as I just didn't have the energy to do too much. Anyhow, I got some painting done... started with the cockpit walls, the floor and the seat. I will finish off the control column tomorrow and put in the PE seatbelt system, weather it and dirty it up a little too. It is so small , that most of the detail will be hidden when the fuselage is sealed up! (Thank goodness!!) B)

I have tried as close as I can to hit the right color with the Italian Interior 'Verde'.

post-10-1187128531.jpg

post-10-1187128544.jpg

post-10-1187128563.jpg

post-10-1187128577.jpg

Guest canuck63

Hi Alan,

beautiful job so far mate :lol: ......I've tried to locate never-seen pictures of the Sagittario but to no avail:( apart from the one showing Mr. Ferrari and "his" Re2005!

I like the shade of green you've painted the interior with,and in order to help you with your build I'll try to find a very rare and interesting booklet I bought when I was a 12yo schoolboy(well...my late dad bought it for me actually..it was a late morning of 1975 and I remember that moment as if it was yesterday! :lol: )...it describes the colors of just about any wire,tube,hose,conduit and stuff found inside WW2 R.aA.ca aircraft....

Tschuss

Manu

Allen she's looking fantastic as usual. I was hoping to see some paint applied to your Re 2005 and you always find time to keep the build moving along. I commend you for completing something new everyday. An insperational build.

I happened to seal up my wings to the fuselage on my I-16 and the cockpit detail I slaved over for a week is 90% covered up when the fuselage went together. I know it's in there somewhere!

I hope to put some pictures up for the first time hopefully before I blast off to China this weekend.

Troy

Allen she's looking fantastic as usual. I was hoping to see some paint applied to your Re 2005 and you always find time to keep the build moving along. I commend you for completing something new everyday. An insperational build.

I happened to seal up my wings to the fuselage on my I-16 and the cockpit detail I slaved over for a week is 90% covered up when the fuselage went together. I know it's in there somewhere!

I hope to put some pictures up for the first time hopefully before I blast off to China this weekend.

Troy

Hej Brian, Radu, Manu, Troy and Dave, thanks for the encouragement! :rolleyes:

I also like your lathe setup

Radu, I have had that lathe for years and I am just starting to get to know her, thanks to Jean (Jcote) I have attempted to tune her up a bit, and so far I am happy with the results! If it is running right and is all tuned up - it can be a joy to work with!

Well, today I felt well enough to get some more work done in the cockpit...some fictional I guess :D ... and some followed the instructions ;)

Dave:

where are you getting the interior paints

Well, that is a very good question... I have some of the lifecolors here at home... and I don't really like them so much. In an effort to keep everything on an even keel... I have custom mixed my own colors from Gunze aqueous thinned with Isoproponal alcohol.... I matched the colors as best as I could to the Lifecolor selection.... and it seems to work! :lol:

post-10-1187216996.jpg

post-10-1187217010.jpg

post-10-1187217087.jpg