PCM 1/32 Re. 2005..... tale of an elegant fighter

alaninaustria

After the air scoop, I then turned my attention to the Main gear once again, namely the "Torque Links" or otherwise commonly known as "Scissor Arms". I personaly prefer: "Torque Links".... anyhow, the resin parts of the kit require hardly any clean up, just a little casting flash to be removed. I decided to crack out the Hex punch I haveĀ“and punch a few hex discs...they imitate the bolt heads commonly seen on such linkages.... :rolleyes:

post-10-1186926946.jpg

And another angle of the gear with the torque links...the small holes on the links required a slight reaming with a small drill bit, but nothing to get your knickers in a twist about! :rolleyes:

Well, I can't believe how much fun this kit is. I highly suggest for those with an interest in exotic and Italian aircraft to have a go at this kit - you won't be disapointed! And for those who are a little intimidated by multi media kits - take refuge in knowing that this is my first venture in building a limited run multi media kit! :lol:

post-10-1186927099.jpg

On a different note, does anybody have any good refs for this aircraft?.... I can't really find anything substantial, perhaps because only 30 or so were ever finished? I would like to see the wheel wells, cockpit, and the general weathering from period photos...

Alan,

Ā 

Here are some cockpit photos ...

Ā 

Alegi-p51144dpi.jpg

Ā 

DiTerlizzi-p51144dpi.jpg

Most excellent Charles! And,, yes I do agree with you that the gun troughs are alot more sharp edged than the kit parts, however by looking at several side profiles, it does appear that there may have been variations in the troughs... but I will wait and see what I can dig up! B)

Everything and anything can help!

Thanks again guys!

Cheers

Alan B)

Moving over to the exhaust area.. after a light sanding of the inner surfaces I dry fitted the exhaust stacks...and the fit is excellent! I will need to use either the kit supplied shrouds or fabricate them from Aluminium sheet (from a soda can)... we'll see B)

post-10-1186955774.jpg