Airfix 1/24th Sea Harrier FA2 Conversion

Chris E

Chris,

Congratulations on both getting a job (not easy - what did you end up with in the end?), and your superb undercarriage replication. This Sea Harrier is going to look so realistic when completed - a testiment I think to both the accuracy of the base kit coupled with your own considerable talents.

Derek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Im back!!! I've been loading up on the overtime for Christmas so have had zero time to do anything else :rolleyes: , including modelling....So sorry for the lack of progress pics, but there hasn't really been any for a while.

I am, in fact, at a stand still with the harrier. I'm trying to get some decals sorted as I can't find a set of 1/24th FA2 ones to use. I've got a good set of 1/48th scale and have been trying to scan them, double the size, and print them onto decal paper......but with no luck (it's doing my head in to be honest). I can scan them ok and get the size right but the printing is rubbish!, lol. I need to get rid of the background so i'm left with a "transparrent" image so i'm only printing the decals themselves and not the background.......

If anyone knows how to use photoshop better than my limited efforts I will be eternally grateful......I need some decals to carry on..!!!!!, lol

Help, help, help :rolleyes:

Chris.

Chris I have a spare set of limited edition Harrier SIG 1/24 decals I could perhaps send you.

I ordered 2 sets just incase I buggered one up but probably wont need it. Infact you should've asked before doing that stencil work as it's covered in the sheet! ^_^ Wouldn't be until after christmas as they're back in Bournemouth but they have all the serials/decals etc you'll need for a 800NAS(?) bird.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love them mate! I've been experimenting with Corel Draw. Had a bit of success but as my printer dosen't print white its a bit awkward.

If I could get a set from yourself that would be great. It would give me the push I need to get this finished!!!

Just let me know how much mate and I will gladly take them off your hands.

Thanks Jake,

Chris.

This is what I came up with using Corel Draw. Everything thats black needs to be white! My printer dosen't print white :( Shame really because they look really good printed....

post-2753-1199819550.jpg

They look great mate!

Wait till you see the beauties I'm going to send. The guys at Harrier SIG really have produced an astonish set of decals. I'm sure they'll come in very handy.I don't know about thickness of them though, I haven't tested them out yet and also seen any reviews...

I got your pm and will send them asap. Don't worry about the cash ;)