Airfix 1/24th Sea Harrier FA2 Conversion

Chris E

Hi everyone,

This is my first post after being a member and browsing the forums for a while. I thought i'd share my latest efforts to update/detail the old Airfix 1/24th Sea Harrier kit. I am converting it to an FA2 variant using the excellent Flightpath Sea Harrier detail kit and the Heritage Aviation conversion set.

Although the flightpath set is for the FRS1 harrier, most of the exterior photoetched parts are also used on the FA2 (as far as I can see!!).

I'll try and get the hang of posting pictures as i've never tried it before, so please don't laugh if i fail miserably :( .

This first pic is where I am at the moment. Fuselage sanded and re-scribed, wings just attached, sanded ready for scribing. I will post more pics from the beginning of the build in the follow-up posts.

I hope you like what you see, I do like a bit of a challenge, and getting this one right is certainly that :lol: .

I have learnt a great deal from browsing these forums and any feedback or comments will be greatly appreciated. Its good to be here at last B)

Chris.

post-2753-1184454274.jpg

Wow! :(

Pretty amazing work on this cockpit. About the only thing I can "scratch" is my rear-end, so I'm constantly amazed at the work some of you do....

Keep up the great work!

LOOKING GOOD from here mate keep those pics coming.

This sounds like a real modelers challenge to get the conversion right. Does the set of flightpath also include some resin for the conversion or just PE??

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

ps almost forgot welcome to LSP we need a few more jet nuts :rolleyes:

:) ..Looking very good Chris, welcome to LSP, i'm certain you'll enjoy it, and like Stusbke said, we indeed need more jet nuts, so blast away.... :rolleyes:

happy modeling,

Jack