Big Mosquito

Lancman

So Lancman, what do you think of the quality of parts now that you have fondled them a bit and have started cutting? I have been thinking of getting one, but if the folks at Vintage are going to do one in injected plastic...

Graham, I thought you should leave 1/16th inch flange on the parts, to serve as a visual guide, in sanding to correct thickness. When the flange pops off, you are there. This will be fun to watch, I might have thought you'd get the ...Lanc, man. :D

Sanding started, I tape a square of sandpaper to the mat and slowly start to sand in a circular pattern taking care not to add to much force. This is one of the exhausts and I always start with the small bits and progess eventually to the fuselage, so you can see from the picture what you start with and the finished product. The more I look at it I can see there will be a few troublesome parts but I will identify these as the build goes along and fire off the relevent questions :) .

exhaust.JPG

Graham.

Well here are the engines, these puppies are going to need a fair bit of work but overall I don't think they are too bad shape wise. A vac takes a bit more work to get to the basics but as it has been said before you do get some pleasure out of it as it starts to take shape when coming off the backing sheet.

nacell.JPG

nacell1.JPG

I hope you like it so far and if you have ever tinkered with the thought of doing a vac that this build goes a bit of the way in letting you cross over to the dark side B) B)

Graham.

Well, there's a vacformed MiG-23 in my stash, that will sooner or later get my attention. So I will watch closely, how you are fai... managing your Mossi here. :lol:

...still don't know if I should make it a 23 or a 27... ;)

Well here is one of the wings and it's slightly off to the plans that I have but the two parts on the underside are quite a bit off where the engine sits, so I will see how the other wing turns out.

wingplan.JPG

wingplan1.JPG

Graham.

Been busy all day sanding (on the kitchen worktop, much to the wife's annoyance) :) so here is my hard days labour a Mosquito of sorts :unsure: . Now things are begining to take shape you get a little boost when it sort of looks like what it's ment to, anyway now the fun can begin B)

Mosquito.JPG

Mosquito1.JPG

Graham.