Big Mosquito

Lancman

Thanks guys for the kind comments ;) if this turns out as half as good as your models I will be one happy bunny :D anyway here is what you get for the starboard side of the cockpit. A distribution panel and wiring, I added some 1/32nd MDC decals as there are 3 fuel gauges and 2 other dials and I think they fit quite well.

distpanel.JPG

Graham

Radio/transmitter wired in, all that’s going in here now is the flares and fire extinguisher which will go under the navs seat. Some more work on the starboard side and that will be the cockpit finished B) then its on with the tail wheel and bomb bay.

cockpitm2.JPG

Graham

Graham,

I'm watching this build, drooling and trying to save the pennies to buy one of these now.

Just a couple of little niggles, Those radios are:

a) Way under scale

:) Definitely NOT fitted to the FBVI version of the Mossie.

Since you put on one of the forums about the Gee equipment I've been doing a load more searching and unfortunately can't find a definitive answer for you, however, I can send you some info on the Gee fit if you want to put it in, plus, it goes where you've put the radios.

Bob A :)

Cheers Bob I know what you mean about finding good info on the FB, if you don't mind I am going to leave this as is :D I know it's not 100% but I am more than happy that the way it's tuned out and it beats what I thought I could do :) :). The radios are under scale but I am trying to build OOB if you know what I mean with scratchbuilding that any of us could do and hopefully showing that vacs can be built :lol: :lol:, keep the info though if there is to be a new 1/32nd Mossie (so rumour would have it) it will come in handy for that plus Neil (Mr Paragon) is talking about releasing the FB conversion for the old Revell kit :)

Graham. :)

--snip--

Neil (Mr Paragon) is talking about releasing the FB conversion for the old Revell kit

Graham,

Did you mean "talking about reissuing" rather than "talking about releasing"? Paragon produced that conversion set for a number of years until Neil took his sabbatical from the business, so some must be available on the re-sale market.

Charles Metz

Now I have found one of my pet hates making bulkheads, anyway after a bit of trying and a few scrap runs here is how I managed it. Using a 6" contour gauge and some 10 thou card I eventually made a template and after a bit of trial fitting it now fits ok :blink: , so I will now transfer this onto 30 thou card for stiffness and there we have the start of the bomb bay plus an added stiffner for the kit.

contgauge.JPG

contgauge1.JPG

contgauge2.JPG

Graham

l used that tool too Graham. l have two , one for modeling ( l keep it clean) and one for workworking (this one l get dirty). l usually transfer the shape to cardboard and refine it from there. One time l seen one that had finer wires in it and it was smaller about half the size but dam if l can find one

Hacker :blink: :blink: