Revell Oscar - Rare kit ???

Erwin

Hi all,

Just wonderring how rare the Revell 1/32 nd Nakajima 'Oscar' kit is .

I could buy one at a fair price,but would like some thoughts on it first.

How much would you pay max for it ?

Greetings,

Erwin

Erwin,

Well for me it's rare,considering it was made in the late 60's.ANy kit that revell made back then to me is rare,just as the Aurora kits in the 50's.At least they had a complete cockpit and had some fairly good decals to boot.I've built around eight of them,but i'm down to one built and that one needs to be done and i have a bagged one,that's a full kit,except for no decals.If u can get one cheap,then get it,NOW.Even bagged,i got mine for 20.00 and that's cheap.Larry

If you check ebay, there always seems to be a Revell Ki-43 up for sale. I don't know what happened to those molds though. They may have gone to Davey Jones locker with the Ki-61 and J2M3 Raiden molds but I can't say. If they did, you'd think they'd command prices like the Tony and Jack are but they don't. I personally don't think they're all that rare as collectors items but a price around $20 US isn't unreasonable I don't think. Now the Mosquito is one I just can't figure out... The molds still exist and although it's out of production at the moment, the damn thing is sellin for over $30 US. Go Figger. :rolleyes:

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in with what I've observed

TimC.

Erwin&Tim,

One has to remember,that revell was on the cutting edge of putting out the very first in 32nd scale kits.These kits were to say the least out there for us model builders and didn't have that much detail as well.But to have built all of them at one time or another is to me something i'll never forget.

If one has a chance at getting one at a fair price,then i would grab it as fast as i could and put it in the stash.U never know what might pop up,price wise.ANd Hasegawa is the only game in town,for the Oscar.Larry

Hi all,

The Revell Oscar seemed rare to me. I got one from Ebay UK for 30 £.

Perhaps a bit to much,but it's my first Revell Oscar.

BTW,I saw a Tony on Ebay USA ,still going, with a current bid of 122 $ !!

Surely it is us,modellers,that are rising these kits to stardom.

If we would pay less for them,the prices would go down for them.

I mean,it's after all just a peace of plastic. Are these kits realy worth it ?!

Greetings,

Erwin

BTW,Joshua, I sent you a e-mail .

The Revell Oscar was not among the tooling lost with the Jack, George and Tony tooling. The high prices for the Jack, George and Tony are due to the fact that no other companies have produced kits of them in that scale coupled with the fact that Revell will never be able to re-release them.

The Revell Oscar has been re-released several times (even from Revell Brazil and Revell Mexico) - up until the Hasegawa Oscar hit the market and took over the demand for 1/32 Oscars.

D

I passed one up at local hobby shop because as others stated the Hase kit is available. They don't sell for much, and if you plan to build, the Hase kit is more worth your time. As far as ebay, I guess I got lucky, because I just got the Japanese issue Tony with the booklet and Micro scale decals for $40.00. He had it listed as 1/72 scale.

• LSP_Kevin changed the title to Revell Oscar - Rare kit ???