1/24 VFS P-47 Thunderbolt

ChrisS

Dear 'ole irongrip,

Very nice Chris, If you complete this build any faster you'll even have the 'ripper' worried :D. I am truely impressed with the size of this beast, and I am also equally impressed with your progress thus far. The cowling checkers came out very well indeed...I may 'borrow' your technique for my own Duxford based 78th FS razorback T-bolt. I shall be at Telford on the Sunday, so I shall look out for your Jug.

Best regards

Derek

:unsure:-->

QUOTE(derek B @ Oct 23 2006, 06:33 PM) 91024[/snapback]
I shall be at Telford on the Sunday, so I shall look out for your Jug.

Gads!

Well don't get too bloody close or my whole facade will come crashing down!

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..." :D

Wow Chris, looking good!!

I would not worry about the cockpit parts coming late. With the size of this beast, you can go ahead and close up the fuselage and then later when you get the parts just step inside and glue them in. :blink:

Thanks for the kind words, and encouragement.

Day 12: All major components have paint on them now. All the markings are masked.

paint1.jpg

Here is a close up of the call letter masks. These were Montex, and I cannot say enough about this product, easy to use, high quality.

mask_ID.jpg

And another shot of the masking result on the fin. Again, montex and plain old Tamiya tape.

mask_ser.jpg

I am tracking a package from China that contains the final cockpit elements and some other little bits. I'll need to make the panel from scratch, so that should come next.

This is going to be a close one!

EXTRA! EXTRA! Irongrip Sherland handles big Jugs with ease and dexterity that baffles and amazes!!

A very neat and workmanlike effort you are turning out Chris. Would you be good enough to pose this with a 1/24th bird?

..."Irongrip wows the crowds"...

Great work Chris (I can feel the saliva form other LSP members drooling down my back as I type this!). Those paint masks work incredibly well. I hope your cockpit parts come soon (I like Ray's approach to installing them :blink:)...reminds me of an RAF pilot's comments after his first experience at flying the Jug..."It's OK if you get bounced by the enemy in the jug...you just run ariund the cockpit a bit...they'll never hit you!".

Happy building B)

Derek

If this final round of engineering goes well then I think it will make Q1 07 without a problem, look for it in the spring. If there are substantial delays I'll probably post something about it in a preview feature on the main page.

Thanks for the compliments folks.