1/32 Hase F6F-5(N)

ChrisS

B) Chris! That is great! your customer looks so happy, and hopefully so are you!! Great build and great way to honour that generation of pilots!

Cheers

Alan B)

P.s you have to explain to us how your old man made that plexi glass case! I need to get a custom one too for my Stuka... the darn wing span is so big it doesn't fit in my vitrinen.... ;)

I agree that honoring a vet with a replica of the piece of equipment that he or she served in is probably the greatest level you can achieve with a scale model. Our model club, IPMS Eagle Squadron of Raleigh has done so several times with a few B-17's, Me-109, P-47, F6F, P-38 and more. Thats as good as it gets to me.

Great job Chris, can't wait to see next project.

Wow Chris, that one picture alone shows that it was well worth all of the effort. Congratulations on producing a stunning model in a very short timescale, and more importantly, making one very special person very happy.

Derek

thats just great, chris. i did the same to jan reznak, the most successful slowak pilot. i did his bf 109. mostly out of the box, but he was really happy about it. no trophy on a contest can give such a great feeling than making others happy with our modells.

cheers klaus

• 2 weeks later...