Trumpeter Mig 29M

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Jay

Blimey, so this is for issue 12? You'd better get your skates on mate, these jets take ages, I find all those fiddley bits go on and on and on delaying the fun part.....painting. :ph34r:

Did you buy the Black Box set or is it a review sample? I can't believe how much they cost over here, bloody extortionate.

Lovely work by the way.

Jay, you have become so good and so fast. Your builds are really great and the painting is well fantastic to say the least. I imagine you sleeping with the airbrush under your pillow. I doubt if a day passes without you spraying something. This is going to be one hell of a jet I can assure you.

Hi guys;

I've decided to use the Black Box cockpit in this model, and immeditely I was a bit less than thrilled with it. It's not too bad really, but it is not all that much better than the kit parts. Aside from the plethera of wiring behind the seat, it isnt all that different. The wiring is superb though.

Here is the parts all primed. As you can see I am as of yet undecided as to whether or not to use the kit instrument panel or the Black Box one, so I will paint both and decide when I go to insert the panel.

Have to disagree there, as having both the BB Cockpit and the kit, it's a definate improvement over the kit, especailly the seat detail.

I would say however, it's not one of their better sets in 32nd.

I was very satisfied with the kit, that is till I got to the wheel wells which are wrong, as they're way-too shallow! Very disapointing considering past kits of late.

Over all, it's a decent kit but in this case I'd be willing to invest in an Aires Wheel Well set, since this kit definately needs it. Now we just need Aires to come through. It's not on my to do list anytime soon, so I can wait it out. I would also predict that Aires will do a beter job of the cockpit than Black Box.

Nice work, so do keep us posted.

Mike V

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi guys;

Many thanks for the encouraging words!

Jens, If you have any decent shots of the main landing gear and some clear shots of the F.O.D.'s I would appreciate them.

Fanch, I don't mind these Soviet suck and blows as they are really goregeous airplanes. I can't wait to get tucked inot my Soo 27.

I will attach some update photo.

But I 'm sure your work will surpass me!

I wouldnt say that Frankie, yours is a very lovely build so far mate. I'll be happy if mine comes out as nicely.

I did actually buy this one Jamie, a bit of a change for me!

Mike, I did say that the BB cockpit is an improvement, but I am not convinced it is worth the extra dosh for the wiring. I would love to see an Aires rendition. I think that as the general level of scratchbuilding ability is so much higher than it was five years ago, the aftermarket guys should keep ahead of the bar so to speak, just as Aires is doing. I agree that the seat is very nice in the BB set, but it doesnt fit ( what a suprise ) <_<

Cheers guys,

Jay

Hi Jay,

tze... I´m a day without LSP and now this!... :lol: It looks really great!! Thie cockpit looks superb buddy. But to be honest, i really don´t know what you´ve done with painting the c/p. What do you mean with, prime it, paint it black (Stones? :D ) and remove the grey color with a Q Tip?? Could you please explain it a bit closer for the dump 109 freak? :P

Your speed a nd quality is amazing, like Klaus already said!

Jay, i´ve told you, if you do a Su 27, I will do an F 18. Now you´re doing a Mig, now I will do something smilar :D

But first i´ll finish the Stuka wich is already too long on the bench. Will kick my ass and glue the last parts this week. Then you better watch your tail mate.... :lol:

Cheers,

Chris

Hello Jay,

keep on your good job!

I agree your comment of the BB cockpit.

The detail of the side wall looks the same of the kit.But the other parts was good.

By the way, my Russian MIG is nearly complete and will sit aside with the German one...

Frankie

post-4-1146598157_thumb.jpg

hello Jay...

Nice bird... amazing job as always... :D

Jay, i´ve told you, if you do a Su 27, I will do an F 18. Now you´re doing a Mig, now I will do something smilar 

... Wow... Are we starting a new age here... the jet`s age... :blink: ?

congrat. Jay

Rafael

Jay,

very cool! I've been eyeing this one and the Flanker, just haven't been able to plunk down the cash for them... :blink: (Not that I'm averse to spending LOTS of money on models...)

About that cockpit technique... So, you primed it, sprayed it black, and then sprayed the interior color. Then, using a brush dipped in the solvent of choice, you brush away the interior color on the consoles. Is the interior color still wet when it's removed from the consoles? Or, a little tacky?

It turned out great - I'm going to try it on my F-16 cockpit.

-randy

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks alot guys! You are right Rafael, this is the dawn of a new age for me. I'm a suck and blow virgin, and Trumpeter have been very gentle with me breacking my cherry! ;)

Chris and Randy ( I still have to get that Stuka CD off to you mate, I'll do it tomorrow I promise! Sorry about the wait, my head is like a siv! )

The technique is as easy as it sounds, anmd the only thing you left out Randy was the step of glossing the black up before the cockpit colour goes on. Otherwise you will remove the black as well as the cockpit colour. It is imperative to use acrylic varnish when working with enamels for the obvious reasons. Chris, I don't know how it would work with acrylic paint, as you would be using acrylic thinner on acrylic varnish.

What are you going to do for a jet with this one then mate? Anything but an F-16!!!! ;)

Coolie, there isn't much to be worried about on this kit as it is really good. As Mike mentioned, the wells are slightly shallow, but not enough to be an issue in my opinion. The join at the nose is a bit nasty and I have had to spend a couple of nights so far working on it, but aside from that there isnt really anything to report so far.

Frankie is much farther ahead with his so perhaps he can elaborate?.. .

Cheers guys,

Jay

Guest LSP_Jay L

I've been working hard on this all day and have made some great progress.

I finished the vent for the gun...

post-4-1146701453_thumb.jpg