Trumpeter Mig 29M

Guest LSP_Jay L

Guest LSP_Jay L

P.s Jay... where in the blazes do you display your work? I would love to see the collection all together mate!

say..... you build sooooo many modells. where do you store them?

Hi Klaus and Alan;

I don't keep them. I either flog them or give them to my kids. They don't last long after that. :lol: The only one I have actually kept is the Albatros, and that is only because I wouldnt be able to package it up to get it to whoever bought it safely. I couldn't do that to someone.

When you will load the weapons?

Hi Frankie;

I tested it with the weapons on and I hated the way it looked. All that stuff hanging off it made it look really awkward. I like the lines without it. :lol:

wondered if you could use a blue background but then figured it would accentuate the darker shades in the model. any thoughts?

Hi Matty;

The rule of the day at the moment as far as the studio is concerned is a white backdrop. The reasoning being ( guessing here...) that Blue or any other "colour" will affect the tint of the model, and thus it is best to shoot on a white, or black backdrop. You are right about resins and stuff on backdrops, and I run into all sorts of greif with light resin on whatever the backdrop.. ;)

Thanks to all of you guys for the very kind compliments! I am so proud that this model is so well recieved here, among such a great bunch of modellers. To get such compliments from guys whose stuff I look at everyday with awe and admiration makes me feel very good indeed.

Man... your skills are inspiration for me...

Thanks Rafael, I would say the same about your models as well mate.

What is your next project?

I have just started a Finnish P-36A Hawk which will have some Montex masks that I will be using for the first time. I was having a look at these the other day, as I was nervous that they would be similar to the old style Eduard mask, but these are fantastic.

Cheers guys,

Jay

Howdo! ;)

Nice job mush,

regarding backdrops, I just got MAI the other day.

Jay, they didnt do your Tiffie any favours with a slate gray backdrop. You can hardly see it!

You should whinge to Mr Franks. Started great, going downhill. He needs to keep the dorks off the letters page too.

I digress....

Top modelling as usual.

Dave

I either flog them or give them to my kids. They don't last long after that. 

oh my god jay! i cant imagine me doint that. doesnt that hurt endlessly? if i imagine a my kid (i dont have one though) playing with my dora.... i would die watching that!

dont tell me that your kids are playing with your beautifull tempest at the moment.

cheers klaus

I tested it with the weapons on and I hated the way it looked. All that stuff hanging off it made it look really awkward. I like the lines without it. :D

Hi Jay,

I am still making those missiles.

But your MIG looks very sharp.

I've discover the MIG-29K now in hobby shop now!

Will you build it?

Cheers

Frankie

Excellent work, Mr. Laverty! I agree with not hanging any stuff off of this one. The MiG-29 and Su-27 have beautiful lines without the weapons...

I'm still debating about using the BB 'pit or not... To resin, or not to resin...

Will this build be appearing in a future publication?

-randy

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Jay,

I am still making those missiles.

But your MIG looks very sharp.

I've discover the MIG-29K now in hobby shop now!

Will you build it?

Cheers

Frankie

Hi Frankie;

I will definitely do the K, and I am just waiting for the review kit to arrive.

I'm still debating about using the BB 'pit or not... To resin, or not to resin...

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't bother with the BB pit if I were you Randy. I ran into all sorts of problems with it, although finding the reference to add the same detail yourself will be hard to come by. I dunno, it's a tough call as the seat and the wiring behind it on the bulkhead are nicely done, but of course none of it fits.

Howdo! 

Nice job mush,

regarding backdrops, I just got MAI the other day.

Jay, they didnt do your Tiffie any favours with a slate gray backdrop. You can hardly see it!

You should whinge to Mr Franks. Started great, going downhill. He needs to keep the dorks off the letters page too.

I digress....

Top modelling as usual.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I agree that the backdrop didn't do the best job for the Typhoon, but I am not too worried about it as these things can happen. They do a fine job on the mag, and in my opinion it is easily the best there is so I wouldn't start the funeral pyre yet Dave :D The letters page is only as good as the people who write in, although I did like the letter the guy wrote in about my Albatros. I thought he pointed out the error with the rigging quite nicely and I thought he liked the article in the end.

oh my god jay! i cant imagine me doint that. doesnt that hurt endlessly? if i imagine a my kid (i dont have one though) playing with my dora.... i would die watching that!

dont tell me that your kids are playing with your beautifull tempest at the moment.

;) No, I gave the Typhoon to Bob at MDC. I thought that would be the best home for it.

I know it's strange but I had this funny thing happen a couple of years back where I dropped this Sexton Self Propelled Gun I had been working on for ages, a resin kit that was ALOT of work, and I ended up dropping the box it was in and smashing it to bits while on the way to a model show. I was gutted, and very, very upset. My mate Vince who was there saw the lighter side of it, and we talked a bit about it, and I realised it was only a model. It got me to thinking about it, and from that point on I decided that it is only a model, and I would not attach any sentimental value to these things. Once they are done and photographed they mean absolutley zip to me, and I would chuck them down the stairs without a second thought really. I know it's weird, but we all have our little quirks don't we? :D

Thanks again for the kind words guys!

Cheers,

Jay

it was only a model. It got me to thinking about it, and from that point on I decided that it is only a model, and I would not attach any sentimental value to these things. Once they are done and photographed they mean absolutley zip to me, and I would chuck them down the stairs without a second thought really. I know it's weird, but we all have our little quirks don't we? :D

Cool...!

I have the same feeling 3 years ago, when my 2 years old daughter smash to my F-14B.

It's was totally destory.

Can you beat her? later on I throw the model, (but leave the two resin seats :P )

I throw and throw more models, which was aging and broken.

I think the whole fun of building model ,is the process.

Frankie

Guest LSP_Jay L

Thanks Brian! I'm glad you like this one.

Frankie, right you are mate! I do not like it so much if they break it before it's finished, but as you say, it's hard to get mad at them. Andy totalled my Macchi 200 when I had the wings taped up to fix the dihedral and for a minute I was really mad, but then how angry can you get at this face...

post-4-1148898585_thumb.jpg

Hey Jay!

The MiG looks great!!!

I also received the latest issue of Model Airplane with your latest build in it. Really good article, but again was disappointed with the stamp-sized cockpit pics!!! You describe at length building it and point out what you did with the instrument panel, then you can't see it - even WITH my reading glasses!!!

On the MAI thing again Ray and Jay... The chap who wrote about the albatros is Tom of Toms Model Works isnt he?

I agree with one criticism of MAI ( bear in mind I subscribe and its the the only time I have felt happy to have subscribed in advance to a mag, hence the right to moan...!) that the subjects are a bit repetitive. Cant really fault it otherwise. You are the star of the show though Jay.