HpH Models SB2C-4 Helldiver Build Thread 7/4 Details

LSP_Paul

Wow....uve been looking at thos kit for a while.

I do got few questions...as i got no experiance of whole model in resin.

What glue to use when body halfes/wings..

Epoxi? Rapid....does resin hold clamps as it could be gragile and crack (seen it)...or is it thick so no risk....

Many questions and i will follow this build.

As i would love to try other type of material....

Reminds me of this most epic of build threads over on, um, another forum.

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=109919&ord=&page=1

Well worth a perusal.

I became an instant fan of the man's work, because of that build. The bit with 'bionic' Lincoln is comedic gold.

Shot

Epoxi? Rapid....does resin hold clamps as it could be gragile and crack (seen it)...or is it thick so no risk....

Mal, I remember you mentioning in your Corsair build thread that you found working with resin gives you health issue's so maybe a full resin kit would not be the way to go for you.

Regards. Andy

Hi Mal, I will be using 15 minute two part epoxy when I close things up, rubber bands and some clamps will hold things in place until they can be removed. Ask away if you have any further questions.

Paul

How on earth have I not seen this thread until today? :mental:

I just took the time to go through the 12 pages and WOW, Paul! Great start on a massive and seemingly complex kit. You are certainly doing it justice, though. I'll certainly be tagging along for this one.

By the way, there is a -5 undergoing restoration, just 40 or so miles up the road from me. Not a lot of info available from what I've seen, but just knowing it's there and in the works is cool. (one source suggests it's for display, but I'm not so sure).

Keep up the great work!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

Thanks John, I know of the -5 you're talking about, last I heard they were going to try and make it airworthy and fly it, but you never know with these things i guess until you start peeling all the layers back and figuring out how much money its going to take.

Thanks for the  kind words about my build, we'll see if I can get this thing back in progress soon. I just started a new job 3 weeks ago and it's pretty much taking over my ability to do much modeling.

Paul

• 2 months later...

Definitely get the G factor Gear and get ready ( if it matters to you) to add and re arrange some detail in the cockpit to do a proper-4.. also the -5 if you chose to go that route would need  an entire new front cockpit tub and side wall detail, it's that different.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...