AZUR Battle of France MS 406C1

dennismcc

Yes, nice choice.... and good job...; And don't forget if you're some problems... mail Mister Waroff it's Master!!!!

Thank you for that, I'm probably too far in the build to make significant changes to this one, but I'll remember Mr Waroff for the next one, the AZUR Caudron C714.

Cheers

Den

Time to check the fit of the main components, this was not too bad, pretty normal for this type of kit, I like to do as much at this stage as possible rather than start fettling after I have joined all the parts together.

d1wVho.jpg 

This view reminds me of the Cybermen on Dr Who

zCIgLp.jpg

xo6N9I.jpg

55dr0w.jpg

Not too bad at all

Cheers

Den

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced blurred Photobucket photos

A dry fit of the cockpit tub showed the need for some trimming of the front bulkhead to allow the fuselage halves to be closed, this turned out to be quite fiddly as the frame tubes kept popping out.

You will also notice the the exhausts have to be fitted prior to joining the fuselage halves which is one of the things that I hate doing, but I could not see a way around it on this kit.

IrOhib.jpg

vH1ATT.jpg

The retractable radiator was then assembled, this turned into a tricky process to get it lined up to fit into the lower wing section, some sanding was needed to get a good fit. The assembly was painted with Hu 92 Matt Iron Grey as was the interior section of the lower wing.

The upper and lower wing where then cleaned up and after dry fitting to the fuselage (taped up only) they were joined and the seams sanded smooth. The finish of the plastic on the wings and fuselage was not very smooth so they were polished using various grades of sanding sticks and finished off with a nail buffer.

5C1q1F.jpg

6TEO5i.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Den

Edited by dennismcc

You have reason not to correct the fuselage.

It is a lot of work and few person will see the difference

Modify the fuselage suppose modify the airframe, then the instrument panel, the floor, the rudder pedal and many trouble...

You have reason not to correct the fuselage.

It is a lot of work and few person will see the difference

Modify the fuselage suppose modify the airframe, then the instrument panel, the floor, the rudder pedal and many trouble...

Sounds eminently sensible to me !

Cheers

Den

Now it was time to start putting it all together, the cockpit tub was fixed into the right fuselage half after much dry fitting and shaving of parts, the parcel shelf and bulkhead behind the cockpit were fitted, again after some dry fitting and fettling.

mA0JXs.jpg

miyBmZ.jpg

With the internals in pace the fuselage halves were taped up and CA run into the joints internally, this was left to dry overnight, and then a bead of CA was run along the seams using a cocktail stick.

Lots of test fitting and sanding were then the order of the day to get a good fit between the fuselage and wings with as small a gap/mismatch as possible.CA was then applied to the wings ready to fit them to the fuselage, but then the section of cockpit floor holding the control column decided to break away. A hurried blob of CA was used to fix it back in place and the fuselage and wings were joined.

There were some small gaps at the wing roots these were filled with scrap plastic and CA, and then the normal sanding and polishing took place, lots of sanding later the joints were finally reduced to thin grey (CA) lines and the lost panel lines was were rescribed, using Dymo tape and my trusty Bare Metal scriber. The tape in this photo is in the wrong place but it gives you an idea of the method

PQFEy9.jpg

OWyvbK.jpg

jLtj2j.jpg

Cheers

Den

Edited by dennismcc

Thanks Kev, now on to the tail feathers, as usual I drilled locating holes in these and inserted fuse wire to give me a more positive fit than just blobbing some CA on them.

xiMmsA.jpg

Now on to the part that Erwin was talking about, the clear parts.

The windscreen which was very carefully test fitted, this was done because on 2 online builds that I found the screen was cracked when the builder tried to spread it to fit the fuselage, so I did not even attempt this. Instead I positioned the screen slightly higher up the fuselage (toward the nose) to get a better fit. This looked like it would work without me having to modifying the fuselage which is how I intended to overcome any fit problems. The clear parts were then dipped in Klear and place into the lettuce saver, but as I cleaned the screen with a lens cleaner it split just like the 2 screens on my AZUR Hawk 75, so be warned they are rather fragile.

TeEsEH.jpg

BbGcXo.jpg

So I did the same that the builder did on an online build that I read, I cut out the centre section and replaced it with some clear sheet, not perfect but passable, plus I made it a tad wider.

8UFqGx.jpg

QMFM28.jpg

Cheers

Den

Edited by dennismcc

Guest Peterpools

Den

Enjoying your thread and it's so refreshing to see a not so often kit, take center stage. Terrific work on the IP and front office.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn: