Fine Moulds Nano Aviation Seatbelts

Night Hog

Does anyone have experience with this product? They look great on the sprue but all attempts I have made to shape them have resulted in breakage. Too brittle to bend. Heat in hot water?? Soften with hair dryer? I'm fast approaching the state of being out of airspeed and ideas.

HELP!!! All suggestions welcome. Is there a way?

Dick

Dick,

Marcus Nichols used them in the "How To Build Tamiya's 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair" book, stated that he preshaped the ABS belts, and makes no mention of gluing them.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Does anyone have experience with this product? They look great on the sprue but all attempts I have made to shape them have resulted in breakage. Too brittle to bend. Heat in hot water?? Soften with hair dryer? I'm fast approaching the state of being out of airspeed and ideas.

HELP!!! All suggestions welcome. Is there a way?

Dick

I used a hair dryer and it helped somewhat but they're still tricky to get in there without breakage.

I have these also, I used one set without a problem except for the fact that they wanted to come unglued a couple times after installing. Next time I use them I plan to form them to the seat and glue them in as bare plastic. Then paint it all up as if they are molded in to a resin seat. Then if there is any issue they could be soaked in warm water to fairly hot water and that might reduce the risk of them breaking.