Eduard Radial Ignition Harness

Ryan

Building PE up with paint is something I've never tried, I usually just use appropriately sized soldering wire & PE ignition harness wires go in the spares bin.

I'll have to give it a go. Biggish airbrush needle & not too thinned paint should help? 

I meant to build up the wires with a paintbrush, and several coats. I dont think it would work with an airbrush. That's the surface tension of the paint on the PE part that makes the tridimentional effect.

Zero,

Did you attach the PE to a painted engine or did to fix in place before you painted the whole thing? (and then touched up the PE wiring)

For example did you glue the PE wiring to the collector ring, paint that assembly and then thread the wiring through push rods etc and glue them on a painted engine?

Edited by Ryan

Zero,

Did you attach the PE to a painted engine or did to fix in place before you painted the whole thing? (and then touched up the PE wiring)

For example did you glue the PE wiring to the collector ring, paint that assembly and then thread the wiring through push rods etc and glue them on a painted engine?

I dont remember exactly. But as i have some pictures of the engine painted but without the wiring, i'm pretty sure i painted it before gluing it.

It becomes a masking issue for sure when trying to paint the crankase and cylinder heads different colors if the PE is attached ahead of time.

But it is a glue issue if they are stuck on afterwards. At least when they are glued on to the assembly at large before paint you can sand out any glue mistakes. 

Nice discussion btw, thanks for all of the input.

Ryan

Your right Mike, you could glue to the connector ring and then bend the wires into shape, paint the collector ring with leads attached then glue the pre-bent brass down on the painted engine.

Might go this rout, will post pics.

Ryan

What an ingenious idea!  I'm gonna file that one (no pun intended) and use it later!   :bow:

It's actually a three step process; when I get a chance, I'll put it in the "Tips, Techniques and Photography" section.