Other Stuff

Bruce_Crosby

After building 4 Fw190D-9 kits I needed a bit of a break so turned my hand to some armour and a liitle Sci-fi.

First up is a 1/35 Takom Israeli Merkava 1 Hybrid kit.  Lovely engineered kit, lots of detail, good decals. And strictly out of the box.

40206711365_934bafeba1_c.jpgTakom Merkava Hybrid by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

40206743165_f40dc7eb6c_c.jpgTakom Merkava Hybrid by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

40206738985_6870f0ef90_c.jpgTakom Merkava Hybrid by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

27228370978_6a6a7c51e5_c.jpgTakom Merkava Hybrid by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

Second up is a 1/20 Falke by Hasegawa in the Maschinen Krieger series originated by a great Japanese modeller, Kow Yokoyama.

40206941745_e332676c42_c.jpgSf3 by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

41101366711_70e89d7c2d_c.jpgSf motor by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

1/35 Takom AMX 10RC.

40203788815_7cfe3a90ef_c.jpgSf262 by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

1/35 Takom South African G6 Rhino

26230512147_441646e513_c.jpgTanx by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

Hope you like them!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Carl,

The Falke close up is a bit grimier than the photo would suggest, lots of chipping!  But the chipping is the same colour as the finish as I'm guessing that in the timeframe 2880 the hull wouldn't be metal but a self coloured composite with a bit of anti whatever paint on top. So I highlighted the centre of the panels thus making the edges relatively darker, then added the chips with the lighter colour by brush and sponge.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Hi Vandy,

The G6 Rhino kit is a beauty! Very well engineered and excellent fit. Some of the smaller parts, like the step ladder at the rear, are very fine and have minor separation lines that need to be removed or else they just look like injection moulded plastic. So like any other kit really. Plus there are very small footgrips to put on the turret glacis that are a real pig, very small and easy to break. Tamiya would have either given you a blob or missed them altogether.

The hull is made up from flat plates but it's a very good fit, just take your time and hold it all together with Tamiya tape. I had a minor problem where the roof of the driver's compartment was bent upwards slightly and was a rear dog to pull down. But it's all part of the massive hull top.

The windows of the driver's compartment are tinted in real life, so spray the inside of them with a clear colour like green.

Tyres are rubber but well done. They are pretty huge. I built the Rhino and the AMX side by side and the Rhino is about twice the size!

So yes, great kit, you'll enjoy building it and when it's finished you can put it against your other armour and marvel at how big it is!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby