Junkers Ju 87 G ; 1:32

I started yesterday with my new project. Ju 87 G using the J. Rutman conversion kit.

In the first step i cuted the nose-struct from the fuselage halves and fited the very nice Full Resin Nose. I think that will be a plane that needs a weight in the tail because of the high weight of the Resin nose :D

After the nose was fited, i started working on the cockpit. I had much to thin the cockpit sidewalls to fit them. The result you can see on the next two pics.

Next step will be a thing i never have done before. I try to give the fuselage and wings new panel lines and reviets.

Oh boy, what do i here....

I hope it goes well and of corse, i hope that it will be looking good when it´s done.

First pic

post-4-1110962879.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Chris;

Off to a nice start mate, and I will follow this one closely as I would love to do one of these at some point. Are you still on Holidays mate?!! You have to be the most prolific builder I have ever seen. most guys would have trouble turing out this many kits of this quality in 72nd!! I know I would.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hi there Chris. Firstly, belated congratulations on the 162 - a great looking build.

But, this one I will be watching with particular interest. Like Jay, an '87 is up there pretty high on my "going to build me one of those one of these days" list.

Good luck. :D

What kit are you using BTW?

There are some marvelous milled gun barrels from a Polish company called Jadar Models that are almost a drop in for this kit. The muzzle brake is finely drilled and it beats the kit offering, with apologies to Rutman as the rest of the conversion is excellent. I'm curious to see how this turns out as the landing gear pants are a real pain to get right. I cheated and fabricated a yoke for the tyres and cut off the fairings so it appears to not have the covers for the tyres. I cut the pants at an angle to reduce the length fore and aft but to keep the shape, relatively.

Thank you all!

I´m still working on the cockpit. Will post some pics soon.

I try to build H.-U. Rudels bird. It´s a bit difficult for me, because i have no decals for that bird, so i have to mask them to paint. Never done that before.

Here is a pic.

BTW: Is it right that the bird was painted in RLM 70 / 71 / 76?

post-4-1111084930.jpg

Hello, Chris, great start! I am also watching intently as I also have the Rutman conversion set and was planning on doing the exact same bird, someday... Anyway, I found a 1/48th article doing his a/c that showed his markings from different angles that I think will help in getting the markings right. I will look it up at home and post the URL.