Junkers Ju 87 G ; 1:32

Chris,

i agree with ted,that what u'er doing is kicking butt big time.Don't need the copy of the plans.U'er pic's are speaking volumes and will help with my combat conversion of the G-1.Keep it up and more pic's please.I think everyone is going to enjoy what the end results will be.Larry

;) Ted...

Here a little update. Fuselagehalves are glued together, cockpit is installed and i had sanded down the ugly panellines.

next step is, to fill some areas with putty and then i´ll try to give the bird new panellines and perhaps some reviets.

But first i need a break on the Ju. I will work from time to time on it.

Chris

post-4-1111432489.jpg

Good stuff Chris!

I look forward to the next progress photos!

The Ju looks nice and smooth on the seam lines, and the interior looks like it fit pretty well. Any fiddling required to get the cockpit in neatly or was it a good fit from the start?

Ted Barrett

Chris,

I'm going to shotthis from the hip to u and i think the rest of guys will agree.For one as u'erself and from a first time or so use'r of an airbrush user,i must say this.KUDO's and more KUDO's to u and u'er in that group of guys,that takes it to the fullest extent in doing what u'er doing.U'er modeling has been awesome on detailing,weathering,gluing,rescribing,using whatever u use for shadowing by far and has gotten more than good.And if u ever get a hold of a vac kit.I better watch my six,or i'll get flamed if u do a vac kit.I hate to see u in about five years from now,but with all the help one gets from the guys here.U'er going to be one hell of a modeler,when u get to my age.KeepIt Up!Larry

Thanks Ted and Larry!!

Ted,

the cockpit fits not perfect from the start. I had much to thin the Resin sidewalls to get them fit. And i didn´t glued them on the cockpitfloor, i fixed them with tape on the floor. To glue it into the fuselage, i used plasticine (or pla(y)-dough? don´t know the right word for it) in the lower area. Glue is at the top area of the sidewalls only.

It was a bit tricky to install it, but it looks ok for me now.

Thank you much Larry!!

I remember, when i finished a kit two years ago, i thought it is one of the best. Last summer i found LSP by chance, and i saw, my models are all sh*t... And now i´m in the forum (Thanks to Chris the Ripper) and got lots of help from the nice guys here and my kits become better and better. I´m very proud to be an LSP´er.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Very nice work indeed man,great detailing on the cockpit,keep it up,nice work.I have one advise for you,a little one,it's much easier to rescribe the fuselage before it is glued together.I look forward to the next progress photos!

mykyb

PS.It would be nice if you try the weathering" thing" I described you last time.It was just a thought.

HI Chris,

A short intro:My name is Miki Bercsenyi ,I live in Arad,Romania since 1969 ,I have 35 years old ,I'm Air Traffic Controller in Bucharest ACC( Area Control Center) since 1993.Modeling is my passion from 1990 and I've started whit little but very nice DDR kits.

Now back in business.

Yeas, you can use the smoke 20/80/flat to simulate the oil running over the fuselage but for this be very careful because you have to insist a bit longer whit your air brush in one place( see my photo showing my Spit nose).It's a little difficult but try it first on something else till you get the optimum result.You can use the smoke 2/8 like I used on the Spit after the all things are done( decals are applied,a gloss cote to seal the decals, a little wash for panel lines,a flat finish,a bit chrome or alu to imitate used area)I sprayed the all plane from 20 or 25 cm whit smoke 2/8 until I got the nice (by me) dark,smoked,dirty,oiled surface.After all this if you have enough nerves you can build a nice base for your plane and use some dirt( I use sugar powder some pastel color and some glue used in room decoration)on the tires and under surface to imitate mud or just dirt depend on what season you want to present your plane.

Well,I hope all this will be useful for you in the B-87 project,if you have any question to ask just do it if I can I'll be glad to help.

I put one picture before Smoke2/8 and the second after Smoke2/8

Good luck Chris and keep me informed..................

Mykyb