Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb

dennismcc

Fantastic start Dennis and very interesting subject choice, The Barracuda upgrade sets are just superb and add an extra dimension to the build.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy, the Barracuda parts really make this build possible.

Cheers

Dennis

Hello Dennis,

Nice clean start to your Hobbyboss Spitfire..

Liking the Engine { always MY favorite part of an aircraft }.looks impressive. :thumbsup:

Also love your choice of model..

AWESOME ... keep us posted and :goodjob: :m0152:

Well thank you very much I'm glad you are enjoying the build, I know I am but it is slow, like me.

Cheers

Dennis

More progress, nearly bang up to date now, I'm still a bit wary of gluing the seat belts to the seat to make they lie down a bit more, and I should have been a bit neater with the seat mount and armour plate, I should have used the Barracuda part but that will be a lesson learned for the V Trop kit that will follow.

CwHGpQ.jpg

I should have drilled a hole in the Yahu instrument panel before assembling this section to allow me to fit the Barracuda gun sight, it's done now but it would have been easier to do before assembly.

ujCWLd.jpg

Below is one sidewall with a mix of Barracuda and kit parts, the Barracuda decals really add to the detail.

AjGcJ0.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced Photobucket photos

Terrific work so far, Den! Your cockpit is really starting to come to life. I just bought myself a magnifying lamp too, but have yet to set it up. Hopefully it won't take me a year!

Kev

I think I was in denial about my failing eyesight Kev

Cheers

Den

Guest Peterpools

Dennis

Amazing work .. the front offcie is looking fantastic and thumbs up on the IP.  I've always had the same problems with the shoulder harnesses until I switched to RB sets .. piece of cake after that.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Dennis

Amazing work .. the front offcie is looking fantastic and thumbs up on the IP.  I've always had the same problems with the shoulder harnesses until I switched to RB sets .. piece of cake after that.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you Peter, the fabric harnesses are the way to go, I've stocked up on some more sets for the future, currently I'm trying to close up the fuselage, but niggling little details are getting in the way, will post some progress soon.

Dennis,

Having seen your Armour builds which are excellent, I think your Spitfire will turn out Exquisitely. :coolio:

SUPERB work on the cockpit and the instrument panels is quite flawless ..

Good job MY friend.

:thumbsup: :yahoo:

Well thank you very much for that, I must admit I do have a stalled armour build sitting there calling to me, one day I will get around to it

Yeah, I'm actually off to the optometrist this morning to book an eye test; my current glasses are no longer doing the job.

Kev

Fun this getting older isn't it !

Cheers

Den

Well I have been progressing at my usual glacial pace, but there has been some progress, I have been fitting the various components into the fuselage halves and I'm glad to say that they all fit fine, the engine firewall needed a small amount of sanding to get a snug fit but that was all that was required.

P4l0VC.jpg

vn0LJO.jpg

mcKIvL.jpg

zhLPyw.jpg

All that I am waiting for is the gun sight, the Barracuda one needed some brackets to fit the clear part, so these have been bodged and painted, as soon as the paint is dry I will be able to fit it and close the fuselage.

Phez7c.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced Photobucket photos