1/32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden

Spaced Marine

I've started my 1/32 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden over the holidays. I can only reiterate the great things said about this kit. It is one of the nicest kits in any scale that I've had the fortune of building.

My Raiden is going to be built out-of-the-box, and will even have the seated saluting pilot figure. I painted the cockpit parts with White Ensigns Mitsubishi Interior Green. This is good paint, just don't be in a hurry when using it. Even when thinned with lacquer thinner, it needs over night to dry. Various details were picked out with Citadel, Reaper, and Vallejo colors. A Berol liver pencil and Faber Castel sepia pens were also used.

Here's the cockpit pictures:

Raiden005.jpg

Raiden004.jpg

Raiden003.jpg

Raiden002.jpg

Raiden001.jpg

Raiden006.jpg

I hope y'all like it. I'll add more as I go.

Have a happy 2012!

Here's my Raiden driver:

Raidenpilot4.jpg

Raidenpilot2.jpg

Raidenpilot5.jpg

I apologize or the pictures being dark, but they're the bet my little camera can do at the moment.

The base color is Tamiya khaki, with the main details being painted with Citadel Khemri Brown paint & Gryphon Sepia wash. Various other Citadel, Vallejo, & Reaper colors were used as well. I tried my best to represent the skin tone, with it looking too Anglo in one extreme or too cartoonish yellow in the other. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with the end results.

Much more to follow.

Looks great.

What are the Faber 'sepia pens' you refer to?

Matt

Matt,

they are a sepia ink artists brush pen manufactured by Faber Castel & sold under that name at art suplly stores, Hobby Lobby, etc. the ink is water based, and makes for a nice wash. This is a non-LSP, but you can see how they worked in the panel lines of my 1/48 Tamiya A6M3 Type 22 Zero:

e9b7ee63.jpg

Hope this answers your question!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Once some putty dries, more pictures to come!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...