TA-183 scratchbuild

Hey Guys n' Gals

Here I go again. I've been away for a bit, but the bug has bitten and I'm off to the races. I was puzzling about what to build for a follow up to the Lippisch and another Luft 46 fighter caught my eye. This little fighter may very well have been the Granddaddy of the Mig -15 and/ or influenced several other fighters. Either way it is a sizable model in 1/32 and can be detailed to the max.

ta_183_4.jpg

First thing was to make a rough working drawing...

DSCF0404.jpg

Cutting out the shape of the fuselage to test my vacuformer for size reveiled the problem that it was just too long...I prefer to have more space around the part to get a good draw around the master.

DSCF0405.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

Well, first things first. Using 5 mm basswoud as a base I cut out the outer shape of the fuse.

DSCF0408.jpg

Knowing I needed to cut the fuselage somewhere I decided to cut along a panel lin just in front of the tail.

DSCF0409.jpg

Next up will be formers and planking,...glue, wood chips and sawdust !...all this to make a plastic model. Stick around, this could get messy ! :evil_laugh:

Cheers

Vaughn

Guest Ta152H1

Vaughn,

after your epic Okha build I think you'll be able to scratchbuild anything out of a empty pack of Luckies,a hank of twine a safety pin and a couple of ice cream sticks!

Great project mate....the Huckleberchien...OnkelBernie..Honkthatbean...Huckseedbender...Ta-183 is one of my favourite "Papiere-flugzeuge" and I can't wait to see the in-progress! :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Cheers

Lou