JU 88 A-1

Mik0

Hello LPS Guys,

Just a few pics of the JU 88 I'am currently working on. (btw don't mind the the date and time, it's just not set on my cam)

Maybe not the best one, but well.. It's my second kit after the 109E-4 from eduard and yes, it's you Guttorm who made me decide to do this kit and the whole BoB collection. :)

Comments and hints are more then welcome.

Miko

26056221189342171871360.jpg

25424821189339371801360.jpg

25131221189345371951360.jpg

24881321189348172021360.jpg

24835321189347372001360.jpg

Edited by Mik0

Cool! There's been some tremendous builds of this kit on LSP, and this looks like it's shaping up to be another one. I saw one of these built up over the weekend, and they sure look impressive!

Kev

YES!!! Another one! :m0152:

I´ll follow your build having finished mine these days. The pictures you show are very promising, and with Guttorm on your side this one will get fantastic!

Hope you don´t mind me making a comment: on your second picture you have added three ammo drums to the cockpit´s side wall. This did not work for me because when trying to fit the canopy the topmost one interferred with the clear part. I had to leave it off (Guttorm noticed this missing one immediately! :lol: ). Maybe you will have to remove this topmost ammo drum when fitting the canopy.

Thomas

Lovely cockpit, Miko! The details are head spinning. I'll be following with interest B) .

I'm not sure your work in the cockpit is finished, but it seems the seats upholstery is bit "color flat". By no means I am any painting expert, but maybe you could try get some depth there (washes?). There is Guttorm's photo to give you some direction. If it's too late for this, just please forget about my comment ;)

Hope you don´t mind me making a comment: on your second picture you have added three ammo drums to the cockpit´s side wall. This did not work for me because when trying to fit the canopy the topmost one interferred with the clear part. I had to leave it off (Guttorm noticed this missing one immediately! :lol: ). Maybe you will have to remove this topmost ammo drum when fitting the canopy.

Well it gave me a bit of work, but finally the canopy fits with all 3 drums ;)

dscn0298wr.jpg

I'm not sure your work in the cockpit is finished, but it seems the seats upholstery is bit "color flat".

Hmm, good idea, I did not pay attention to this, will have a look, what I can do, as the cockpit still isn't completely closed.

Atm I'am having my good times finding out how the cement, that is used for clocks works :hmmm:

nice

now the good bit: which aircraft are you doing??

Soo, after a half day research @ work I decided to do it 9K+AL of the 3./KG 51 "Edelweissgeschwader" using the AirDoc decals. (1st option on the picture)

I realy like the white engine cowl rings and wing tips. What do you say? :)

airdocju88a1markingsche.jpg

Miko

Edited by Mik0

Thanks guys :)

@ Nmayhew: I've been looking for some info about it the whole day now, but with no results :unsure:

As far as I have checked the BoB losses of the 51st KG it was not included, so it might have survive.

Wondering, if in THIS book might be some info about it.

Anybody out there, who's got that book plese? :help: