PCM Ta152C 1/32

stevegallacci

Just got the kit locally and am very happy with it. While it is clearly a limited run kit with only a basic part break down, it is heads and shoulder better than the rather sad PCM Ta152H in general shapes and detail accuracy. Major parts are within about a mm of what they ought to be, and only some of the mid-fuselage scribing is off, some 3mm forward of where it ought to be, a simple fix for those who care. Wing looks nice. Cockpit seems about right, and has Eduard pre-painted panels and photo-etch radiators. Surface details are all fine recessed lines, only a few fasteners and no dumb, deep rivets. If you have the Fw109A-0 kit, this compares well with that.

Here is the cockpit and such.

Ta152cockpit.jpg

And close up of fuselage side. Pencil marks show where those lines ought to be.

Ta152closeup.jpg

Most of the other kit parts are kind of basic, the tires are smooth and double-braked, the props look okay, but use a tiny trim on the trailing edge for the cowl cut-out, the landing gear is correct for the '152, but is a bit soft in detail. The pilot's seat needs to be replaced.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing anything that's dissuading me so far. Guess I'm gonna have to get one of these. The interior resin and photoetch look pretty promising, as does the approach they used for the radiator.

Regards;

Automaton

Did the Ta-152C actually fly in combat? From what I can find online only two made it into limited service. Do any of the Luftwaffe experts have more information?

Looks like another very nice kit from PCM.

Cheers,

Richard

Did the Ta-152C actually fly in combat? From what I can find online only two made it into limited service. Do any of the Luftwaffe experts have more information?

Looks like another very nice kit from PCM.

Cheers,

Richard

Two Ta 152Cs were issued to the Stab of JG 301 in the last days of the war. At that time JG 301 was primarily flying ground attack missions but unfortunatly it is not known if these Ta 152Cs flew any missions.

Cheers, Jerry

I would really like to see a whole lot more photos. Can you please photograph everything that comes in the box?

I always had a soft spot for the 152.

Radu

okay, here is the rest of the stuff.

ta152csprue3.jpg

And a close up

ta152csprue4.jpg

The kit is a bit basic in parts, but appears to be enough to do the job

Edited by stevegallacci