Dewoitine D.520

vvwse4

Hey Rick, looking good. That detail will show but for me it got covered up with the crazy resin pilot that my kit came with. For the canopy I used a fine xacto saw. It came out ok but I was pretty nervous doing it. The canopy that came with the "Hi-Tech" kit was pretty thick though.

So things are speeding up a little, untill now at least.

About the wing,

:DodgeBall: says it all

Doesn't fit. So i used the saw too make room and filled up with some plastic strips.

start015-1.jpg

start016-1.jpg

start018-1.jpg

start021-1.jpg

And that is only too fill the seam. I recon I need a truckload of putty to make the connection between the hull and the wings right. I hope I got it right.

But, it is still fun.... <_<

Rick.

:punk: man that's a lot of 'filler'... but I'm glad to see you are pressing on. It's gonna be so worth it once it's done ! I love the plane and hadn't seen a build of the kit, I'm storing away info from your build for future ref. Great work, keep it going !

Cheers

Vaughn

• 4 weeks later...

Been awhile, but there is not much to say about filling and sanding, even when one doesn´t use sandingpaper that much. I think I am ready too rescribe the parts now.

start022-1.jpg

start023-1.jpg

start024-1.jpg

start025-1.jpg

start026-1.jpg

start027-1.jpg

Man, wish I was ready for paint, really want too put the stripes on this one.

Rick.

Whoohoo! Glad to see you've finally made it back Rick! :) Been missing having you around! Whewee, that is a lot of sanding and shaping you've had to do, huh? Looking excellent as usual. :punk: Hey Buddy,....I just got your package today. Muchas Gracious Amigo! PM sent.

Can't wait to see what this build morphs into next. Later my Friend! Russ

• 1 month later...

Whooooo yeah, getting close to painting now! :rolleyes: Fantastic job on geting this all smoothed out,...appears to be a 'toughy' to get fit correctly?! Looking forward to the next update Rick, always a hoot to follow along with one of your builds. Later, Russ

P.S. Very cool (no pun intended :mental: ) pics of the snow you sent! Email coming back to yuh later on tonight.

First paint is on. Managed too do the camouflage. I am not sure about the colours but this plane was flying in the desert so I just blame the sun. Gave it a protective glossy coat because when this is dry I have too work on its pyama stripes. Hope you like it.

airbrush001.jpg

airbrush002.jpg

airbrush003.jpg

Rick.

It is a matter of a couple of hours masking and 10 minutes spraying paint. Now I do want too spray most of the other stuff like the roundels and the red, white and blue stripes on the wings, fuselage and tail, so a lot of masking lies ahead of me.

airbrush004.jpg

airbrush005-1.jpg

airbrush006-1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Rick.