Dewoitine D.520

vvwse4

After a whole day masking , cutting tape and painting, well this is where we are now. The work bench was a total chaos.

airbrush007-2.jpg

And after unwrapping the thing at first glance it didn't looked that bad

airbrush008-1.jpg

airbrush020-2.jpg

airbrush017-1.jpg

airbrush012.jpg

But a closer inspection reveilled a disaster, well a little one but nevertheless

airbrush014-1.jpg

airbrush015-1.jpg

airbrush009.jpg

airbrush010.jpg

The one thing where the colour kept on was quite out of focus....

airbrush022.jpg

I now for sure that I was sober when doing that.

Wonder, would the dam*** thing burn? :speak_cool: :goodjob: :rofl:

Bummer, but it is still a hobby. Leave sitting on the table for a day and after that next move.

Keeps me off the street for sure.

Rick.

I wonder Rick if the gloss kept it from sticking??If it had still been flat thier might of been more adhesion since the surface is pourus,sucks I know.Other than that she is trying to turn into a beauty just fighting yea all the way.Cheers Kevin

Whoahhh hoh! I see I wasn't the only one having 'paint-problems' this week?! :P Heck, a little spit and some crayons....and that'll buff right out! :evil_laugh: I freaked when I applied a lacquer flat-coat to the just finished P-51A, and all the decals shriveled up like prunes! Gaaahhhh.

You'll get by with a few touch-ups, eh?! Hey, I was soooo stoked about your Xmas present to yourself that I went out and got a 1/24th Airfix Spitfire! Figured it would make a good MK.-XIV future 'hack-job'? (Maybe a PR MK-XIX instead? :lol: ) Anywho, don't give up the ship just yet on this build....it's looking too fine to just pull the plug! Can't wait to see what you do for damage-control in the next progress pics. Later buddy, and Merry Xmas! Russ

Thanks guys, did not put a firecracker in its tail. :)

Could use the encouragment that's for sure.

Fixed the paint , which wasn't as hard too do as I thought, gave it a gloss coat and put on the few decals. Looks quite nice now.

airbrush027.jpg

airbrush030.jpg

airbrush029.jpg

airbrush024.jpg

airbrush026.jpg

airbrush025.jpg

Now what more too do,

Paint the wheels and wheeldoors

Fix the pitot tube, broke off and got lost

Add a little wash and do some weathering ( not too much )

Maybe a few chips

Forget that I forgot the gunsight :frantic:

Put a dull coat over the plane.

Will finish this one this year, I hope.....

Rick

Whoohoo! That's the style Rick! :) What a bizarre cool camo these French aircraft have. Things are as colorful as a parrot! Looking good buddy,....looking good. You're basically on the downhill run for home now, keep up the momentum!

You guys are having too much fun over on this GB, I'm gonna have to finish up my last build over on the 10th Anniversay GB and wander over here and bug everybody once again. :frantic: Looking forward to the next set of updates! Later, Russ

Great save ! Way to go... just a bit of a breather and go back and finish. She's looking great and you have a 'war story' to go with it ! ROCK ON ! :lol: I just picked up this kit and have been watching your build for tips.

Cheers

Vaughn

Done, ready, finito, klaar, schluss!!!!!!!! :coolio:

Took a lot more time and effort than I was expecting bit it came out quite right.

The Dewoitine D520 No 300 of G.C.III/6 from the French ace Pierre LeGloan as it flew in 1943 in Syria. A remarkable man with an even remarkable story.

airbrush100.jpg

airbrush101.jpg

airbrush102.jpg

airbrush103.jpg