21st Century Bf-109 F

spacewolf

Excellent work mate! I really like what you're achieving with this build.

Kev

Hey Kev

This site and the guys on it are most of my inspiration. I've seen things here that has had my jaw on the floor and I like the fact that it's taken so long for aftermarket companies to get on the 1/32 and larger bandwagon because it makes us try to make the things we see and need, not just run out and buy an AM kit to put in our kit... also, everyone here shares and shows how/ what they did so we all learn. There are good people and good info on other sites but this is where I come to learn.

Cheers

Vaughn

Looks good! Amazing what you can do with those kits.

Tim W.

Thanks Tim, the kit is good except for the wonky plastic. For a so called 'toy' kit that you screw together the detail is good, parts fit is good and you end up with a good looking model. Throw some work and some AM into it and it can stand with the best of them...and for the price ?.. I'm so glad I got several when they came out !... besides which, it's the only F model going other than the old Revell.

The upper wing panel has a thinned section (about half the thickness of the rest of the wing) to facilitate the wheels being retractable. It was a simple matter to glue on thin strips of plastic to represent the stiffeners. Once painted and the wing panels fitted together it looks pretty good.

post-2514-1254198722.jpg

If you're looking for Tenax Burnaby Hobbies had some in stock last week when I was in there...if you were wondering.It's a very good glue but make sure you have good ventilation.Nice work on the 109...

Thanks Dave, Burnaby is an awesome hobby shop, just a pain for me to get to. I'll try and get there though. I've used the stuff before and ya.. lots of ventilation !!

Great job Spacewolf! The wells turned out great!

Need to do something simular on my F too!

Cheers,

Håkan

Thanks Hakan, it is coming out pretty good. I had no idea how I was going to do things when I started and It's just coming to me as I work. I just wish there was a product out there that would make rivets small enough so I could do the gear leg wells right. I'd thought of getting thin brass sheet and embossing rivets and then glue the sheets in, but decided I didn't want to go that far on this build.

Which kit do you have, the Revel or 21st Cen. ?

Cheers

Vaughn

It's looking great so far. Nice work on the radiators and wheel wells. One of the local hobby shops has a bunch of these kits for cheap, maybe I might have to pick a couple up after seeing your work on this one.

Thanks for the kind words. The kits were going for around $10 in the U.S when the came out, I got mine from I guy I know for $20 CAN. What are they going for down your way ?

Thanks Hakan, it is coming out pretty good. I had no idea how I was going to do things when I started and It's just coming to me as I work. I just wish there was a product out there that would make rivets small enough so I could do the gear leg wells right. I'd thought of getting thin brass sheet and embossing rivets and then glue the sheets in, but decided I didn't want to go that far on this build.

Which kit do you have, the Revel or 21st Cen. ?

Cheers

Vaughn

It was the Revell kit I'm participating with here, I was thinking of, although I have the 21st Cen. G-14 kit too!

Cheers,

Håkan