Telford 2012 - 32SIG Display

Royboy

Hi Folks,

Well here we are with our mid year update for the modelers greatest show on earth.

We are very pleased to announce that the 32SIG has been granted twice the display space that we had last year for this fantastic show, and we fully intend to use all of it to the greatest possible effect!

So, if you lost out last year due to space limitations, now's your chance to reserve your slot.

We have now been allocated an area that measures 24 feet (8mtrs) in length by 6 feet (2mtrs) in width to play with, and that's quite a substantial area to fill with models,

If you have a particular project in mind that will require a larger than normal slot please PM me with the relevant details.

It would also be very helpful if you could all once again advise me of how many models you think you'll be bringing to the show so I can start planning the layout in early October.

Many thanks for your co-operation and I look forward to hearing from you all in due course.

I hope you're all enjoying your modeling!

Best regards, Roy. (32SIG Telford Show Co-Ordinator)

Edited by Royboy

Hi Jerry,

If the model isn't too large I know of some guys who have brought them over as part of their carry on luggage.

It might be worth talking to your airline to find out the policy on these packages going through security etc.

You shouldn't have any major problems with a smaller LSP if you know the internal dimensions of the overhead luggage racks.

Best of luck!

Cheers, Roy.

Hi Roy I will pm you what I will bring. Jerry , I took a carry on case full of models to the us nationals in 2008 and didn't get any breakages or asked to open the case either. I put a layer of bubble wrap in the case first then a layer of polystyrene foam peanuts. Then the models ,it hen filled in the gaps with more peanuts and finally some more bubble wrap. Just be careful when putting it in the overhead hold so no one else puts anything on top of it you should be good to go.

Regards

John

Looking forward to drinking the night away again.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks - countdown to Scale ModelWorld, Telford, UK is on: 34 days and counting until the World's greatest model show.

Delighted to report that our bid for extra space was approved and we now have a four table frontage - double previous years!!

The 32SIG stand will be in Hall 2 - row 2G - tables 2405~2408.

As we have additional space it would be good to fill it - and once again showcase 1:32 and 1:35 aviation modelling to a wider audience.

If you'd like to exhibit something please let us know!

If you can't exhibit - no probs - but please make sure you call by - the banter's pretty awful at times - but we're a friendly bunch really! ;)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Badgches, we DO neeed som steenkin' badgches!

Tim

We do wear 'steenkin' badgches' on the 32SIG stand, I might also wear an additional item this year (Saturday only) so that our Nordic friends will feel equally at home when they visit! Not telling what it is though, I'd like it to be a surprise!

I hope that Roy the Viking approves if he makes it this year?

Looking forward to seeing you all there, please let me know as soon as you can regarding your models, we'll probably need a whole table just for 'Connie'!!

Have fun. :popcorn:

Roy.